1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Freakin weather.

Discussion in 'General' started by Venom51, Apr 15, 2011.

1. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

I got a double dose of this $hit today. Started out this morning in Lebanon, TN for work. Drove thru some rainy $hit to get home and its been raging like a Mongo looking for a pie in a pie-less post apocolyptic world.

Freaking rain.

2. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

It's snowing with 30-40 mph wind gusts here in lovely Minnesota.

3. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

It's worse here...80 and sunny...:p

Last edited: Apr 16, 2011
  4. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

You're gay.

5. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

Thank you...:D

6. Gorecki

Gorecki verwirrt und orientierung

A small APC can save a lot of grief. Couple years ago I had one jolt that took out my cable modem, router, 24 port hub and the nic's on 4 systems. I had APC's on the systems but that's not where the surge came from. Since I've had and APC on the inbound and ground fed through it to prevent any additional current coming through the wire.

And...on a couple of occasions I've had internet when there was no power in the house. :up:

FWIW...

7. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

16 dead so far from tornados and lightning in LA, AL and FL. Maybe being out of internet for while isn't so bad.

8. TEAMLIKETYSPLIT

TEAMLIKETYSPLIT In Limbo

We were lucky, all the bad stuff blew about 15-20 miles north of us. It was nasty last night...bulldog does not like lightning and thunder. He panted for hours like he had just sprinted to his food bowl

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Should have stayed in Lebanon, chilly and still wet up here tho.

10. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

im 35 miles straight east of downtown ATL, and other than a small amount of rain, we didnt get shit (luckily). This is the 2nd nasty storm in 2 weeks to roll thru and do alot of damage around ATL, and the 2nd time we've been lucky and didnt get much of nuttin out of it. :)

11. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Just had a tornado come through about 6 miles up the road. Drove through about 20 minutes after it happened. We very well would have driven straight through it had I not checked the weather on the iphone. Now it's a nice and sunny day!

12. jdhaasjr

jdhaasjr Trackday junkie

I live north of you. Storm with a wall/funnel cloud came through about 10 pm and then the next storm a little after midnight dropped a tornado that went through our community. Four of my neighbors had major damage to their houses. The tornado damage path is within 200 yds of my house. I figure it will probably be rated F2. Scary shit. I was on my front porch as it was approaching.

13. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Whole house surge arrester on the house. 6800VA of UPS on the rack of equipment. This came in through the cable line not the power and to make matter worse it took out the port on my Cisco 2821 as well. That's $800 bucks out the window.

14. Gorecki

Gorecki verwirrt und orientierung

That's how it got me, didn't cost me quite as much though.

My coax is running through this off the back of the apc now.
    [​IMG]

15. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Rain and wind in NNJ with flash flooding here n there already.