1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

? for the Non Punks

Discussion in 'General' started by Handicapped Racer, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Gehr

Gehr whAt mE woRRy?

Just become a punk - way easier life style than compromising most of your values & pissing your life away being something you really are not.

Then there's this Manic Hispanic song Before the Next Teardrop Falls...

Followed by a punked out version of that classic

:rock:

2. TPapp

TPapp Active Member

The problem is you're putting the pussy on a pedestal.

3. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

1st problem, she knows about bike, has worked on them in the shop and in the pits.

2nd problem, she is the young lady that does the data entry for Sumitt point and over the yrs has done Beaver and Nelson ledges, so painting an old bike to look like a new one WILL on get me stabbed in my sleep!

3rd problem, I can't hide jack from her, she reads me like a book.

4th problem, I'd slip up and say something lol!:(

4. lightning97

lightning97 Well-Known Member

time to man up and chase the dream you want! if she really loves you she'll stay with you. if not, better to find out now. told mine 37 years ago she could leave whenever she wanted, she left a few times(mostly my fault) but came back after a few months. flip side is that you can't hold her back from her dreams either. best luck!
    tim
    (just do it!)

5. Macon663

Macon663 Well-Known Member

+ 1 million on the above. Gotta encourage your other half to do things that she is passionate about as well. Very important. And hopefully you have a hobby you can do together. Other than fauking.

6. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

would have never got married

7. erick1670

erick1670 Chapin

:stupid:

Do it anyway, and ask for forgiveness later :D

8. bitchcakes

bitchcakes reluctant member

Remind her how short life is and does she really want it on her conscience that she made yours less fulfilling as you look back. (I know this approach would require that she is subject to reason, which is pretty far-fetched and asking quite alot of most females).

9. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

Seriously, just go race. She'll see you in a different light if you do something on your own initiative without having Oprah like "discussions" on the topic prior to doing it.

Never, never, never let a chick run your life for you or tell you what you need to do. I hope you haven't already turned over your life's remote control to her. :tut:

10. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Have Dits work up a proposed bill for the cst of the divorce and you work up a proposed budget for cost of bike and racing. Present those two options to her. Be sure to let her know there is never a sale on divorces.

11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Were you racing when you met?
    Is the issue money?
    Do you have small kids?
    Does she have your nads in a ziplock bag in the freezer?

12. mikendzel

mikendzel Anonymous

That's the part most women really don't understand!

13. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Interestingly, this happened to me. I took the high road, I was "okay" with it for a little bit, took her to a race or two, slowly eased my way into it... Years went by and so did she... now I'm back to racing. :D

14. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Sit back and enjoy a cup of tea with her and together you can watch all the soaps. This is your destiny.

15. jsmalnar

jsmalnar III_I

I had a similar situation happen to me. My ex was anti-racing (mostly financial issue, but you only live once and you can't take it with you right? :up:) and I just did it anyway. She harbored a lot of resent because I wasn't spending the money the way she wanted. She was also jealous because I was pursuing a dream and she had nothing similar. Man, staying with her was facking stupid. :down:

I digress. Now, my girl not only supports me by coming to as many races as she can but she brings food, drinks, fun and a smiling face in the pits. My favorite quote by her yet: "If you're going to crash, do it in front of me so I can get some pictures." Awesome. :up:

Point of the story: If racing is your passion/dream, just do it. If finances are an issue, figure out how to make more money or spend less (or race SVs). Either way, your wife should support you in your life's passion, at least be ok with it. When she realizes this means a lot to you, she will support you. If not, well, she knows where the door is.

16. jsmalnar

jsmalnar III_I

HAHAHA :crackup::crackup:

I need to make a man card for doing just that. Let's see how much time I can burn at work making a man card.

17. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

I'll trade ya.

You can have the kids too.

And Nana.

18. sdg

sdg *

This. My ex learned the hard way.

I don't know what I got out of being married, but damn, it cost a $100k.

19. BiZ

BiZ a matter of weight ratios

Whatever you decide, make sure I get my SV back before you put any of these brilliant plans into action. So far, I'm fairly certain every piece of advice given here will end up with you losing blood. And I really don't want to have to drive down to the shop to pick up my bike from the person who just cut your throat.

20. BiZ

BiZ a matter of weight ratios

(Make it worth her while, for you to buy another bike. Either by offering her something she doesn't have but really wants... Or offering to take away something she already has and couldn't live without... I'll leave the details and specifics up to your imagination...)