1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For the FTP's amongst us

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Jan 27, 2014.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I said "unresolved," not "dead." :D

2. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Whilst I appreciate your concern I'm fine and have no issues....dear ol dad is one of the best guys that a kid could want for a father. But I must admit, I was having fun messing with that decrepit dusty old geezer Dutch....

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Knowing that he's younger than you makes this pretty funny. :D

4. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Anywhere from 21 to 30% as of now. It goes up and down because its a pretty popular stock right now and when it shoots up people sell. I'm hanging on to this one. I can only see it going up and up. They actually just won a 3 million dollar lawsuit from a rival for copyright infringements. They have the tasers and now have these cameras on lock. Also they bought and own the data company that stores the millions of hours of recordings. The police departments also have to pay them a yearly fee to store and retrieve all of the footage in their cloud so the money will always keep coming in even after the camera is sold. Unless something crazy happens it seems solid for the future.

5. kangasj

kangasj Banned

But he called me son :D

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I know, and you took the bait, and I laughed, and laughed… :D

7. Dutch

Dutch Token white guy

Hook, line and sinker. I had hoped for a better showing however. Alas it just, well, bored me.

8. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

So, I guess the cops will be glad when more citizens are walking around with google glass. A camera'd society is a polite society.

9. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

That is one downside. I don't carry a Taser anymore. I hear all too often from people outside of the LEO world saying that would should "shoot to wound" or "shoot them in the leg". Now, it's "they should have used the Taser instead" like some posts I've seen in here.

Cameras are good and bad in the field. I can manage either way.

10. Coopster

Coopster Well-Known Member

Meme looks like BS...

I've never seen an anorexic cop - someone get a dozen donut holes into that J Timberlake looking young man! ;)

11. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

It would be impossible to review the sheer volume of footage produced by equipping every cop with a camera. I would think that reviews would come only when a doubtful interaction took place. Hopefully, each department would have a clear policy regarding when and why it would be looked at. Cops are not robots. They need to be allowed to make judgement calls and field the occasional personal phone call from an upset child or angry wife.

12. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

:crackup:

13. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

Reviews are also done when a question of departmental policy arises. Yes, there is a lot of storage required, but the storage gets easier as the technology evolves.
    When instituting a program such as this, you best believe there is a policy.
    Second guessing comes with the territory.

Kinda like the beeb. ;)

14. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

Ummm.. there's those pesky camera phones that have been out for a while.

Quick war story: A resort town has a "no public alcohol" ordinance. Got into a conversation with a lessee of a rental property. It was a calm chat, as the young lady didn't want everyone she had at the party getting checked for ID. Joe Camera Phone guy starts taking a vid. The girl tells him to back off. He gets into an argument with her. I break out my phone and take a vid of these 2 with the party in the background. The girl smacks the phone out of the guys hand, it falls and breaks. I put my phone away. He wants the girl arrested for mischief (i.e.; breaking the phone). Tells me I have it on video. I hit the DELETE button and say "Opps, I don't quite have the hang of this thing."

Polite of me, wasn't it?

15. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

Read a bit about de minimis infractions.

16. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
  17. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

On the flip side

I can't help but wonder if having the dash cam led to this Deputy's death. *graphic and disturbing*

Maybe not the whole reason. Could have been a combination of bad tactics, the camera, too much compassion for an obviously wacked out veteran. We'll never get to hear his side of the story. R.I.P.

18. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I don't see how it's even a factor. That was completely attributable to "crazy" on the part of the bad guy and "poor training", "fear", and "hesitation" on the part of the deputy. Gun should have been out when bad guy started back to the truck and he should have been shot full of holes as soon as he pulled out the rifle.

19. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

And if the Deputy did exactly as you said (which I agree he should have done, btw) on camera, he would have been accused of being a trigger happy executioner by the FTPcer's.

20. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Sure. Because anybody that fights you, then runs back to their truck and grabs a rifle only has the best of intentions. Some people need shootin' regardless of your ftp stance.