1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For the FTP's amongst us

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Jan 27, 2014.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Best Buy is much more safe.

2. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Bullets always work. Drugs delay the physical response to the brain.

3. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

They don’t necessarily work as quickly as we’d like them too. This guy took several shots with little immediate effect, and didn’t mike brown absorb five or six before a head shot brought him skidding to a stop like that buffalo in Dances with Wolves? That’s what’s supposed to be so great about the taser. It takes the brain out of the equation and short circuits the muscles.

4. Ducti89

There’s quite alot of incidents in our town where the taser has been unsuccessful; bad cartridge, bad connection, drugs.

Again, bullets always work. You WILL always get the desired effect, even if it is a few minutes as the blood exits the body. Also, munition types vary. I know most if not all in New Jersey use ball rounds. We use +P .45 hollow points.

5. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Actually, that would be news to me, I never heard of any agencies local to me, northern NJ, to use ball ammo. My specific agency also used .45 JHP's.

Once retired, they're required to go to ball ammo, which is imbecilic in and off itself.

:crackup:If you say so.

6. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Just watch LivePD or Cops, tazers work about half the time. A lot of times it doesn't even make a person flinch.

XFBO likes this.
  7. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

My people spend most of their time working outside of their vehicles on the shoulders of busy highways, so your vitriol aside, yes, it’s a very dangerous job.

8. Ducti89

Ah, youre correct about the ammo. Civilians can only use ball.

9. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

If the signmaker/seller says so......:crackup:

All I know is some teenager at Best Buy is shaking his fist at that remark. :eek: :crackup:

10. jase

jase Your kind makes me sick!!

That was intense. Not sure what Liberal politicians have to do with what went down in that vid. He shot the guy as he charged him the first time. Before the LEO was charged, both officers was begging him to put the knife down. Maybe the officer that shot him the first time had a bit of empathy for him and didn't want to kill him. You or I cant know what he was thinking when the bad guy got up and charged the 2nd time. Lets thank God that that office is alive and when home to his family.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If the bullets don't work the tazer won't either. It's not effective when other things have the nervous system shorted out already.

12. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I believe traffic accidents and being hit by cars are more likely causes of police death/injury than being murdered. Truck driving and construction work are both nearly twice as dangerous as police work, and my guys are essentially truck driving construction workers:crackup:

13. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Bullets don't work immediately without hitting the brain/spine because the drugs have flooded the pain receptors. In theory, the taser should still work because it's not relying on pain - it overloads the muscle making all the muscle fibers contract uncontrollably (muscles already contract on electrical impulses sent through the nervous system, so what it's basically doing is temporarily mimicking the loss of control you'd have with a brain/spine shot). Sometimes it'll cause people to pass out but mostly they just lock up, and the extreme stress from all the muscles firing at once (think of doing a really intense workout) makes them really tired and weak once the electrical shock is removed.

The taser failures tend to come from weak batteries, missed/partial shots, not enough spread on the prongs, or not having a good contact due to heavy clothes. But when they connect, hold the fuck on!

It'd be great if they'd get off their asses and get on with that Star Trek phaser that can be set to stun :D

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I've known people who used tasers on peeps on PCP or with a major mental issue and they did not work. Never heard stories about other drugs. Properly used, good shots, no effect. So maybe the taser makers are wrong? Dunno.

I like the phaser idea :D

15. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Never any doubt that would happen.

17. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

That mayor and that police chief, doubts were 0%.

18. kangasj

kangasj Banned

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Big time POS. He's gonna have a tough time in prison and that makes me happy.

Banditracer and kangasj like this.
  20. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

A bad cop caught by good cops. That is how it is supposed to work.

XFBO, Banditracer and kangasj like this.