1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For the FTP's amongst us

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Jan 27, 2014.

1. jase

jase Your kind makes me sick!!

Wow...that's some good stuff!

2. jase

jase Your kind makes me sick!!

Powerful statement

“….we are a separate entity that runs this shit. Do we have this problem with power with human beings? Maybe we do, so let acknowledge that and put measures in place so that we don’t exceed our power boundaries have some checks and balances in law enforcement because we don’t have ZERO. We get away with everything we want to get away with till there’s a camera…”

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You guys sure he was a cop? Because all the cops I know realize there are checks and balances and they are not above the law in any way. He comes across more as a college kid who played cop for a couple days and went off to write a book based on his vast experience on the mean streets.

4. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Sounds like a democrat to me.

5. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

He's a former Baltimore police officer....11 years on the force. I'm pretty sure he has a clue about his former chosen profession. He may not be right but he is at the very least as close as you can be to an informed position about the profession.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Then why is he saying things that are incorrect? Baltimore PD has checks and balances, you may not like them or think they are enough but his statements are easily proven lies.

7. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I think what he is saying is that there is the illusion and it is presented to the public as there are checks and balances but in practice they can do largely what ever the fuck they want until there is a camera present to record their actions.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And that is easily proven bullshit. Has been since before the kid was born much less on any police force. Cops hate internal affairs for a reason.

9. Inquizid

Inquizid Member Well-Known

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

11. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

How about checks and balances to keep it from happening in the first place, instead of prosecuting it after the fact?

12. Inquizid

Inquizid Member Well-Known

Right, that’s exactly my point, the Rogan interview was in 2015.

Like any recovery, one must acknowledge there is a problem before it can be dealt with appropriately.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That should work great. Just like all the laws already making those things illegal. Yep, bad people pay attention to being told no...

badmoon692008 likes this.
  14. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

What exactly do you propose?

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I think they should make laws and regulations and make sure the cops are around other cops most if not all of the time. That'll fix that shit right up!

16. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

How about not having it take the feds coming in to dig out the bullshit. It's the same nonsense that happened here in Chicago a few years ago. They hate internal affairs because they all feel strongly about not holding each other accountable. Anyone else remember a few years back when the Florida State Trooper "had the audacity" to cite the Broward County officer for reckless driving doing over 120 and weaving through lanes? Didn't she leave south Florida due to death threats from cops?

17. In Your Corner

I seem to recall they found that a lot of cops had accessed her license information.

18. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

So the system is working just fine in Baltimore? No need to address the mass corruption in the early stages, just wait until it's a complete disaster and then try to clean it up.

As for that ex-cop that you called a college kid who spent a few days on the force, you might want to do some research before just making shit up, you couldn't have been more wrong about his experience. He saw the shit first-hand for years, maybe he knows something about it.

19. In Your Corner

Not my specialty, but it's a management and accountability problem. You'd have to see where problems originate and what allows misdeeds to go undetected and put in systems to address those problems. Run a tight ship.

20. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Brillant!