1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For the FTP's amongst us

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Jan 27, 2014.

1. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Godspeed to the officer, condolences to his family, friends and colleagues.

Wonder if any athletes or Democrats will take a knee on behalf of that officer. :rolleyes:

cajun636 likes this.
  2. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Godspeed

3. Pride & Joy

Pride & Joy Well-Known Member

From the Baton Rouge Advocate:
    Bridges described as ‘career criminal’ in court records
    "Bridges, a 30-year-old parolee with a lengthy criminal history, has a criminal history that includes more than a dozen arrests and at least three guilty pleas ranging from a marijuana arrest to possession of a firearm by a felon and second-degree battery...."

From the New Orleans Times-Picayune:
    "Darren Bridges, a 30-year-old New Orleans father and convicted felon, has been identified by relatives as the man accused by New Orleans police of fatally shooting officer Marcus McNeil early Friday morning (Oct. 13) in New Orleans East....."

I guess one's perspective matters regarding how the "news" gets reported.

So another officer is dead. Killed (apparently) by an individual who has both clearly and consistently demonstrated an inability and/or lack of desire to live within the laws of our society - 30 years old with a rap sheet of arrests and convictions extending some 10 years for a variety of crimes. Why, and for how much longer do we continue to allow this to happen? How many murders and other crimes across the country make the news where the perpetrator is a "career criminal"? Why do we continue to tolerate people (regardless of race or socio-economic background) who consistently break the law? Why do we make excuses for them? What can be done? Throwing more people in jail/building more jails is probably not the answer, but what is?

Rest In Peace Officer McNeil.

4. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

There is no answer. Bad stuff happens in life.
    Nothing and no one can stop all bad from happening.

5. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

I suspect that eventually, if mankind doesn't snuff themselves first, society will go to the extent of taking people with a couple of criminal arrests and convictions and removing that person from society permanently. The death penalty will be reconfigured to include anyone convicted of even small crimes against society. :eek:

6. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

They tried that, remember three strikes and life sentence in California? Just filled the prison with lifers with nothing to lose.

7. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Bolded underlined words are what I believe they did wrong. Basically they did the equivalent of taking their trash and storing it in a shed in back. Not surprisingly the shed filled up.
    IMO, people are getting thrown in jail for too many stupid little things and punishment is way too lenient for those who really belong in jail.

TXFZ1 likes this.
  8. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Damn, sorry for your loss man. RIP fallen officer.

cajun636 likes this.
  9. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Exactly. I wish you FTP assholes out there would do a ride along with your local precinct so you can see what it's really like. But that would require you to face your own prejudices and we all know you tough guys won't be doing that.

XFBO and cajun636 like this.
  10. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Not unless the fuckers let me drive and give me the key to unlock the AR. :D

11. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

They let me drive the obstacle course when they were switching to Explorers. :) No need to unlock their rifles, mine are nicer, the sniper team is jealous of my rigs.

12. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

You misunderstand my prediction. I'm talking a future where those people won't be sent to some cell to be fed and housed but rather taken out behind the jail then shot and buried. The rules will be reconfigured to a "two strikes and you're dead.":eek:

13. jase

jase Your kind makes me sick!!

RIP to the fallen officer.

14. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

i rolled around with my old roommate a few times. although he was mostly an armored up door buster and undercover fugitive hunter of mostly idiots. i'll just say this... from his very mouth, i've heard him tell tales of roughing up cuffed and detained suspects, and distinctly one time basically tell me how he took glee in ruining a dude's life who he (and his buddies) in fact started the conflict with. story: him and his SWAT buddies out on the town, drunk, bump into some dudes on crowded party street, shit talk ensues both ways, fists go out, once it looks like they might be losing and things are getting out of hand, roommate and his buddies all pull out badges and guns and everything stops real quick, city cops step in and arrests are made. at the trial, kid is kinda mouthy, my buddy basically persuades the judge to throw the book at him for assaulting a federal officer. years of his life gone for what normally would just have been a dumb drunken night out and a bloody lip for anyone else, instigated by those who are supposed to be setting the example.

one of my other buddies who's an LA cop once told me point blank that he was chasing a gangbanger who was getting away on foot and too fast, and that if he had a throw away gun he prolly woulda just shot him. when i laughed like he was joking, he dead pan face informed me that was not the case.

another dude i know who's a county cop here i know for a fact smokes weed daily. and while i don't care about weed at all and know a million people who all smoke, the hypocrisy annoys me. all 3 of them are fucking scumbags just like most of the piggly wigglies in this thread as far as i'm concerned.

irrelevant... i, nor i don't think anyone here, is inclined to shit on a dead man's grave because he's a cop... no matter my general position on law enforcement, so i dunno why it seems like a few of you are salivating for it. we're not fucking monsters. that, and shit like insinuating this:

is disgusting. RIP. your cognitive dissonance is part of the reason people are taking a knee. police your own fuckbag brethren, we'll worry about our side.

R1Racer99 likes this.
  15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

And therein lies the rub. Side? You are a significant part of the problem. If you want to claim a side and responsibility for policing, your failure is epic.

BHP41 likes this.
  16. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Yet the media seems to be fomenting and perpetuating this taking of sides.

I wonder why...

17. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

This is rich coming from the guy who, in the very same post, told tales of his “fuckbag” buddies. Did you say anything to them? How bout you start with calling out the “fuckbags” you know directly. Or does that not count in your eyes??

dtalbott likes this.
  18. Sweatypants

i told them they were disgusting pieces of shit. all 3. and i don't see any of them any more, purposely.

Funkm05 likes this.
  19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I would much prefer to hear you reported them, but I'll give you a thumbs up for speaking up.

Funkm05 likes this.
  20. Sweatypants

yea well... that plays into multiple other factors of my life experiences and personality, but that judgement is fair enough i guess. the weed shit i foreal don't care about, i just think it makes him a tool, and that dude's life is already such a fuckin' mess with two ex-baby mommas and losing his townhouse to one of them, etc etc... that he's got enough of life beating him down as it is. if he goes easy on minor weed offense people (don't know one way or the other) then that's fair enough to me even if he's willingly not consistently upholding the law to himself. the other two though... the first one i've talked to once since i stopped living with anyone else like 4-5 years ago now, i'd just rather not know him. the LA one at this point was a decade ago, and haven't seen him since the night i heard that story actually cause i was in town visiting and decided to meet him up for drinks and it was the last time.