1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For the Catotics

Discussion in 'General' started by G Dawg, Sep 20, 2017.

?

Red or Blue

1. Red

6 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. Blue

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Consider it the equivalent of a regional #1 plate.

Make that impressive to someone not racing WERA. :D

2. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I'd consider it a game if you can just crash repeatedly and hit reset and go again, but.............. Bautista

badmoon692008 likes this.
  3. Venom51

Under racing conditions you can not. You have to be towed back to the pits or limp the car around. Repair times can put you out of the race all together or if you damage the car bad enough you are done.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Um, huh?
    Not sure what anyone is trying to make impressive. It is impressive for a video game. I like video games. I am impressed. I am even impressed with people who cry poor being able to afford thousands of dollars in video game controllers and monitors and computers too :crackup:

5. Venom51

In other words...iRacing is a game to anyone not heavily invested in it. Just as a regional championship is only really important to those seeking to acquire one. That's what I was getting at...:D

panthercity likes this.
  6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So if you spend a lot of money on it, it's no longer a video game? Not sure that's really possible...

And yet again, I am not denigrating video games or the skills or equipment required to play them. Never said they aren't important to those playing them. Just saying it's a video game. It's not real world. It's not real racing on a real track with real cars and tires and conditions. Doesn't mean it's not hard or anything of the sort - it's just different.

I'd make fun of anyone looking for input of the seat color for their real race car too...

7. Venom51

No but just like bike racing it makes the spending justification a little easier if you feel like there is something to be achieved I guess.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And I'd also make fun of people spending 100k to get a novice regional championship :D

9. Venom51

Seat color is very important....:D

10. Ouch. But a damn funny ouch.

11. That doesn't happen, never has and never will. $150 maybe but not $100. Well maybe that's a national one.

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Why'd you bring a cop into my command center?

Hahahaha, command center? It's a basement!!

It's a command center.

13. Venom51

Wait a damn minute. I ain't ever cried poor. He must be talking about Gary. :D

14. On a similar topic, seems all buff car teams have some really awesome simulators and most drivers have them at home. Apparently the big dollar ones even simulate track conditions (to the point of slight temp changes) tire degradation, dirty sections of the track i.e. Outside of the turn in the marbles. I do heart technology and am pretty sure if I ever broke into a race shop they'd find me in one just giggling learning new tracks. A buddy of mine in the U.K. Tried to get me onto one of the mclaren outdated ones but they were moving it. Hoping next month I can go crash test it.

15. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Worse yet, there is virtually no embarrassment to be found. :D

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I spent a ton on video games this year. Paid for the Xbox live subscription so I could play Elder Scrolls even though I haven't even turned the Xbox on in 6 months. Stupid racing :D

17. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Until I opened the thread I thought you were camo wording "Catholics"

18. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

19. Venom51

No..there's a limited number of 9 year olds to smash off the track. He wouldn't be interested.

badmoon692008, BigBird and TurboBlew like this.
  20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Are you all on headsets so you can hear the 9 year olds cry?