1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Florida School Shooting Thread

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by sharkattack, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

But ... how will they learn to be an activist? It’s all the rage nowadays. Buzzkill.

G 97 likes this.
  2. G 97

G 97 Garth

Let them skip school but have them go to Dairy Queen for some ice cream. LOL.

3. jase

jase Your kind makes me sick!!

Nope, dont CC.

Again, you have your opinion and i have my opinion.

If you go back to some of my posts, I said that if a teacher wants to cc in the school, then so be it.

4. G 97

G 97 Garth

I’m shocked. :D

5. speeddaddy

speeddaddy Well-Known Member

Yup, job done education system. Kids are DEMANDING MORE LAWS, more government intervention in their lives. Swapping freedom for security. Pathetic.

sheepofblue likes this.
  6. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

I'm on your side for the most part but I'm not sure what you're missing here... the active shooter doesn't need any skill or training to pray and spray... the teacher cannot pray and spray, or they're going to be doing the same thing... indiscriminately shooting people... they need to be at least moderately proficient to be able to engage and eliminate the threat without collateral damage... your argument is ludicrous

Also, I do CC, apparently I need that to have an opinion... :crackup:

7. G 97

G 97 Garth

No you don’t need to CC to have an opinion. You have to CC to have a better understanding of what CC involves and how it would be applied to giving teachers a choice to exercise their right in the classroom.

My argument? What exactly is my argument? Please show me where I ever remotely even got close to saying a teacher could pray and spray or that it was the same thing as an active shooter. You really should go back and reread my stance on this and how the conversation of training for teachers was being discussed. Apparently you skipped most of my reply's while completely ignoring any context.

Your lack of being able to intelligently follow and then reply in a thread is what is truly ludicrous. :D

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Depends on how you want to look at it. Did you encounter armed people regularly? I'd say a lot more than teachers do. Did you encounter criminals regularly? More than teacher (although that could be argued I'm sure). Did having that 50 on board and visible keep you out of gunfights or did it cause them?

I'd bet if you run the percentages that teachers have a much less likelihood of being in a violent confrontation than you had. They're just not armed with a 45 and an M16 and a 50 so they are less likely to be able to prevent it from happening in the first place.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Exactly - so why would anyone think teachers are just going to randomly start popping rounds through walls?

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Huh? What in the world are you expecting teachers to do?

There have been unarmed teachers who have confronted the bad guys, the real question is could they do more if they had been armed and trained? That's it, none of the other what if BS matters one iota. The teachers can stay in their room hiding and armed and I'm fine with that. The teachers can do as many have and run towards the gunfire trying to help, I'm fine with that too. They don't need super duper training to do that - they already do it anyway, however right now they do it knowing they will most likely die.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
  11. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

This.

In Illinois, for example, the DNR/Conservation officers have a much higher percentage of armed encounter incidents historically. Guess why? Many of the individuals they encounter are armed. :D

However, in Illinois teachers have a much lower percentage (Cook County not withstanding). :D

I'll reserve my opinion at this point on arming teachers even though I have my CCW for Illinois and few other states as well and I'm a teacher. (Heck - I've even taking a few classes on which end the bullet comes out going very, very fast. :D)

12. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Nope, never encountered a criminal, never encountered an armed individual, the M16's were kept below and the only time the .50 ever came out of the stations gun locker was to fire it once a year. During my 3 years in Florida the most violent confrontation that ever occurred was a drunk cussing me out because I told him to turn his running lights on his anchored sail boat.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

How were you in the CG in FL and never chased a drug boat or illegals?

Wait - I think I'm forgetting just how old you are :D

14. rd400racer

If they are being armed then I'm expecting them to be prepared for every circumstance that could occur, exactly like I was.

15. rd400racer

What you're saying is the exact question that was asked many times (and you already answered it). My boat had a top speed of 26 knots. Cigarettes...well, they're a tad quicker:D My station never caught anyone the entire 3 years I was there. The only bust we made was when we chased a trawler and he threw his bales overboard...and even then the Marine Patrol actually caught the guy. We just had to pick up the bales.

Funny thing is, this happened the first week I was there. Nothing else happened the next 3 years.

[​IMG]

G 97 likes this.
  16. G 97

G 97 Garth

My cousin caught a square grouper once. LOL.

rd400racer likes this.
  17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So basically you're happier with the situation as it is now where they are not trained and not armed but still run to danger and die. You'd rather have that than trained in some manner that could horror of horrors be less than someone in the military - but armed to protect themselves and the kids. Got it.

18. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

They didn't want to put a crew to work with a girl on board... :Poke: :D :crackup:

19. G 97

G 97 Garth

The thing of it is they don’t have to be overly prepared for everything in order to present another layer of protection. We are not asking teachers to replace the function of armed guards or LEO. Teachers could be highly effective with out an abundance of high level situational training while just as important creating an atmosphere of deterrence.

It’s about creating an additional layer of defense and safety not creating Jr. J.I. men.

20. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member