1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Florida School Shooting Thread

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by sharkattack, Feb 14, 2018.

1. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yep, I think a teacher should receive additional training and from what I’ve heard they will. They will also be compensated. Again, in a perfect world we wouldn’t need any of this but reality as you know is what it is. I think in those cases where there is a teacher who is already CC and is given the choice that they would be permitted to do so. With this comes the additional training etc. It’s just another layer of defense.

rd400racer likes this.
  2. G 97

G 97 Garth

Experience with CC. You added the rest. I only stated CC experience. Using your logic 95% of law enforcement would be stricken from service because they have no direct active shooter experience. Good Lord you are dense.
    Just another day of getting your teeth kicked in per usual. LOL.

Serious question, are you retarded.

3. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Based on who's logic? CC experience is just holding something. It's not experience.

4. G 97

G 97 Garth

Again, discussing the topic of CC. The experience of having CC.

You expanded it to include the active shooter scenario and a teacher killing a 10year old.

But hey, thanks for answering my question from above. LOL.

5. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

So by your logic GangBangers should apply to be Armed Guards.. since they have practical experience.

6. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I do have one anecdote. I was shot at, once. We were patrolling through the mangroves because there was a report of smuggling taking place. Pitch black out that night, we heard a shot ring out and the three of us freaked out. No clue where it came from or if it was even directed at us but it didn't matter.

Bottom line is, I don't think anybody prepares for being shot at. Your survival instinct takes primary importance, fighting back is second. Even though I was prepared to defend myself, all I remember is that I didn't want to be shot. You should have seen the three of us in defensive position under the gunwalls of that boat, M16's at the ready. I'm sure we looked like a bunch of rubes!

G 97 likes this.
  7. G 97

G 97 Garth

I didn’t catch your ninja edit. :D

No, CC is not just holding something. But thanks for so clearly demonstrating your complete lack of understanding of all what CC entails.

As if all your prior post didn’t show your ignorance, this one puts a nice bow on top of your big box of craptastic post in this thread. Congratulations. LOL.

8. Chino52405

Jesus...I expanded it when you were failing to understand why a teacher needed more training (than an unrestrained assailant) to properly defend and neutralize a threat than the mass shooter does. Recourse. You CC...what do you know about spotting your backdrop? What do you know about your liability hitting a bystander? What do you know about a good defensive position that will allow you to return fire? Now, how many of these questions does a teacher in a classroom with a gun have to consider vs how many does the assailant have to consider?

badmoon692008 likes this.
  9. Chino52405

What does CC entail? Please enumerate all of the enlightenments holding a gun while in public has afforded you.

10. G 97

G 97 Garth

Why do they even need any training? According to you it’s just carrying something. :crackup:

Good Lord my man. You are going the full pull today. LOL.

You really need to step back and re read this thread because clearly your comprehension is at zero. Which even for you, is low. LOL.

11. Chino52405

So weapon training and CC are the same thing? There's a whole lot of states that require zero training. I believe Mongo just stated a few pages back he didn't have to do anything in GA.

jase likes this.
  12. G 97

G 97 Garth

Please show me where I even remotely said this.

Please show me where I stated I don’t think teachers need any training.

You have this habit of projecting your feelings on others as what they have actually stated. You create stuff that isn’t even factual.

13. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Perhaps holding up a Sign that says "Gun Free Zone" would be a much better option than actually training the teachers to defend the students... Teachers are probably too stupid to understand much about firearms....;)

14. rd400racer

No, but let's take a serious in-depth look at this. And think rationally, not emotionally.

You have two basic scenarios in a firefight. First is one on one in the same room. You as the armed protector and the assailant. In this case there is really no time to think. You are acting on pure instinct and the target is easily recognized. It really comes down to which of you is more prepared to complete their mission.

The second is infinitely more complicated, and the circumstance seen in the majority of these shootings. You have someone shooting and no clue where it is coming from. Sure you can hear the sound but you really don't know where the perp is. And keep in mind that while this is happening, you have hundreds of screaming kids as a distraction. This involves a completely different skill set to neutralize. You are basically in a combat or SWAT scenario.

This is what armed teachers need to be prepared for. That is why I am for intensive training.

One comment from an instructor is still in my mind 35 years later..."Everyone is a bad ass until the first shot is fired ".

15. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

And the "shelter in place" directives given to sitting ducks behind an easily breached door can be mitigated by having an armed person sheltering in place as the protector of the students in his/her charge.

A teacher exercising CC isn't going to be roaming the halls all Reno 911 style looking for a perp. To believe that, well, let's just say your opinions are prima facie evidence that some people need a hug myself jacket and a soft room to play in.

badmoon692008 and Britt like this.
  16. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

My anti-anecdote, I was shot at an indoor gun range. An instructor was teaching a student and was not watching where the student was hitting. She was closing her eyes and jerking the trigger. He was trying to be nice. A shot bounced off the ceiling baffles and nailed me right over my left tit/pec. I jerked my shirt up to see a bruise forming and no blood. I yelled at the idiot instructor to stop, he puffed up his chest and then I told him she had just shot me. Should have seen the blood drain from his face when I reached down and picked up the mashed bullet. I then lifted my shirt and blood had started oozing from the bruise. She freaked out, started crying, and even left the range. I got a free day at the range.

17. rd400racer

Damn dude, that's some serious shit! I think I would have asked for the firearm of my choice and a lifetime membership. And her expulsion!

Britt likes this.
  18. r6fast

r6fast Well-Known Member

Most city cops hardly shoot there sidearms. I have a friend who owns a tactical training center for cops, swat, and private security. He said a lot of NYPD, Jersey city, Philly cops do no want to have to carry a firearm at all. He said most of them shoot only at qualifications. This might explain the 18%% hit rate of the NYPD. I have a range at my house.I am good friends one of the local sheriff officers. He was an Army MMT and has used my property to have classes a few times with some local LEO's. Some of the guy's I have seen just handle a firearm makes me wonder. Just because your a cop doesn't mean you can handle a firearm, much more shoot the thing well. I can out shoot 90% of the cops I have seen at my place and other ranges. I have never been in the " situation " but I don't think any of them have either.
    There is a local school that has 3 retired military that are now teachers. They are all combat verterans and are trying to get the district to let them carry to school. They have been trying to for the last 2 years. The district keeps telling them no, that they can't allow it. The one guy is a former PJ. He is literally trained to save the worst of the worst combat wounded and cannot even have a trauma kit in his room.
    They are all about saving the kids, but when they have the right people in place to help, they still don't do what they say they truly care about.

Funkm05 and rd400racer like this.
  19. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

It can be rather embarrassing when you jerk out the wrong one then piss in your pants though. :)

badmoon692008 likes this.
  20. gixxerreese

gixxerreese Well-Known Member

Tomorrow is national walkout day I told my kids I don’t care if you are the only ones in class if you walkout you just keep on walking don’t worry bout coming home. You go to school to learn not to be an activist.