1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Florida/Alabama Vacation Houses

Discussion in 'General' started by eggfooyoung, Jan 29, 2021.

1. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Thought I'd ask here first because, well, beeb...

Trying to stay away from Destin/Okaloosa for personal reasons, but open to other areas.

Beach front
    Pool
    Whole house
    14 people, so pretty big. 5-7 bedrooms

Anyone?

2. omatter34

omatter34 Well-Known Member

What are you wanting to do? Siesta Key is my favorite beach town in Florida and I've been here my whole life.

Sabre699 likes this.
  3. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

How far south are you guys talking...panhandle only ??

4. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Theres a guy in P-cola on the beeb. Juts crash at his house. He wont mind. No Notice required.

ducnut, t11ravis, 5axis and 3 others like this.
  5. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

if buying... why not go a little further inland and avoid the hurricane wipe out your investment scenario? just sayin. Ski

6. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

St George Island is an easy getaway, and away from the crowds.

Jed likes this.
  7. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Look at daphne, orange beach, fairhope, Lillian Alabama.

mall those places are nice, bear water and Alabama taxes are cheap. And only 20 minutes to me and D&D.

funny cause Pensacola has kinda become a haven for racers. In the last year 5 professional racers have bought houses here, and three others in or near Tallahassee.

ducnut and RRP like this.
  8. The

The Baddest Mofo in Town

Will be in that area soon. Other than Barber and Nola what else am I forgetting?

9. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

Nice water starts in Pensacola and extends east past Panama City. Orange Beach is a fun area, but if water quality is your thing it just can't compete. Gulf shores is much cheaper, but the water is crappier still. If I were buying, and I'm not, I'd look East of Destin into Miramar and beyond.

10. Jed

Jed mellifluous

I second St George. I've gone there for 20 years and not much has changed.

The water isn't clear like it is along 30A

11. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

Just curious what makes the water crappy? Ive never been anywhere near there and live in San Diego so just curious. Clear vs? Rough waters? No good fishing? Waves? Im curious.

12. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Bacteria. High levels around Biloxi...Gulf Shores...Mobile

13. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

Not so much waves, to me, but just water clarity and color. It sounds stupid, but it's the reason people pay so much to go to the Caribbean and other exotic beaches. Brown water vs blue/emerald water is the reason nobody comes to the beach in Louisiana:D

ducnut and rd400racer like this.
  14. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Bench warrant? :D

eggfooyoung likes this.
  15. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

When you going? North FL/AL aren't warm enough for me this time of year. We are going with the in-laws to this place next week. Not as far south as i want to be but freeloaders can't be choosers. I like it down by Bonita Beach/North Naples. Sanibel is ok too.

https://www.vrbo.com/1211117?noDates=true&unitId=1761962

16. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Sorry all! Renting, not buying, sometime this summer.

I was mostly asking (not very clearly) if anyone here had a vacation spot that they recommended and/or owned that we could rent.

There will be 8 kids under the age of 10, so kid friendly would be nice. However, a short drive to town isn't a deal breaker.

We definitely want the emerald waters and white sand.

Shitting in Robs fort could be high on the list.

17. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Nah. Wants to build a sweet fort, and is worried it might get shat in. :D

18. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Find an AirBNB in Pensacola, when you get there go find Joe Pattis, then go shit in Robs fort ( or go see the fort Geronimo was kept in). You may get to see the Blue Angels too.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

My biggest problem with most of them is no dogs on the beach.

20. Jed

Jed mellifluous

The Apalachicola river emptys into a large bay between the island and mainland. Sediment keeps the water a bit darker. It's more like Atlantic beaches than like the crystal clear water to the west.

ducnut likes this.