1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixing Shaky GoPRO Video?

Discussion in 'General' started by SICzx, Oct 23, 2012.

1. SICzx

SICzx Well-Known Member

Just tried out my new GoPROII at the track this past weekend for the first time. I experimented with a few mounting positions, front of the bike on the bottom of the windshield, top of the gas tank looking through the windshield, and rear tail of the bike looking forward.

All of the video was pretty shaky, and made a wavy look to the video at times. It wasn't terrible, but I thought it would be better. I used the shortest attachments possible so as to not have the camera subject to a lot of movement.

Are there different attachments, mounting positions, and or a mode or setting I can change to improve the video quality?

Not sure if it matters, I was on 1080 wide angle setting.

2. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

If you are using the stick on mounts try wedging a piece of tape or paper between the clip and the mount. This will make it a little more difficult to slide the clip into the mount but it will take any play out of it.

Using the white silicon piece that comes with the camera helps a little bit too.

3. SICzx

SICzx Well-Known Member

Thank you, I'll give those both a try.

4. footwork

footwork Honda Research Analyst

:stupid: yep -

5. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Make sure the camera is tight in the housing too.

6. LabRat

LabRat Well-Known Member

The obvious solution for this, is you need to spend a few thousand on new suspension on your bike.... :)

7. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Or quit having Michael J. Fox hold the camera... :rolleyes:

8. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

ContourRoam. nuff said.

9. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

:crackup:
    So wrong, yet so funny.