1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First: Kill All The Lawyers

Discussion in 'General' started by YamRZ350, Feb 16, 2016.

1. Trunxgp1224

Trunxgp1224 Well-Known Member

The report might have been run from QB but that doesn't mean I saw QB. Again, all numbers are arbitrary until there is something to back them up. I can file my tax return with arbitrary numbers, any company can too. If the numbers in QB can't be backed up then anything generated from those numbers is worthless.

If money is being stolen I can't tell you where thousands of dollars might get taken from if all I'm being shown is the numbers after the fact. unless you see where the money came from and where it went you can't decide. With out the books you can tell me the club brought in 700K and spent 600K punch it into QuickBooks and print a P\L and send them off to the tax guy.

Now what if the club really brought in 750K and only spent 550K towards the club? I skimmed 50K in cash or whatever off the top and punch 700K revenue into QB then I racked up 50K in shit on the debit card, petty cash, bought me new radios, lunch every so often, gas and donuts, linked my personal internet to the clubs account and paid both. by the end of the year the club spent 600K and I put it all into QB, then BOOM the P\L shows 700/600 and it goes off to the tax guys.

There's no way to see any of that without looking at the complete records for the club, which again, everyone who's asked has been denied in private and told otherwise in public.

{Insert whatever set of numbers you want, y'all get the point}

VFR#52 likes this.
  2. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Dumb question(s). Are the F/S audited? Who prepares the tax return? The fact that the F/S agree to the tax return if neither are prepared by an outside party means nothing other than that they agree. While it seems to me the organization has met its legal obligation with respect to financial transprency (absolutely regarding 990 status, and hard to believe bylaws would call for forking over receipts and whatnot to every random member), it also seems clear that there is a feeling of bad faith among some curent and/or past members of the club, both organizationally and financially. Can't speak to the organizational aspect, but as to the financial, the merit of that suspicion of malfeasance will only come out during a forensic audit, which will only take place, if it ever does, as a part of the litigation. You are pissing up a rope if you expect otherwise.

3. RichB

RichB Well-Known Member

Even then financial fraud is typically perpetrated in a way difficult to identify in the system, e.g. related parties, conflicts of interest, kickbacks for dodgy tenders awarded, its all outside of the system, only dummies leave traces behind to find the smoking gun. Not saying that's the case or anything, just my experience.

MikeyP likes this.
  4. G 97

G 97 Garth

But how can anyone discover anything when a full accountability of the finances has not been offered to any members. This is the one of the main reasons behind the current lawsuit - discovery of the finances.
    So are you suggesting any member who wants discovery should also sue the club?

VFR#52 likes this.
  5. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

6. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

It's apparent that the only way to see the full books is to sue.

VFR#52 likes this.
  7. G 97

G 97 Garth

It's not "personal beliefs" on how reimbursables should be handled. It's Generally Accepted Accounting Practices. Accounting practices that have been established in business for businesses to follow. It's standard accounting practices and procedures. It should raise a huge red flag when these established practices are not followed.

VFR#52 and R Acree like this.
  8. G 97

G 97 Garth

You do if the club is set up as a non profit and has established club by laws in place that stipulate that the finances will be made readily available for review with said member(s). I guess we already know what can happen when you don't.

VFR#52 likes this.
  9. G 97

G 97 Garth

Possibly, but in this case it's been very explicitly spelled out in detail why the club is being sued. It certainly isn't a random act brought about by anything and everything.

On the plus side, both Ozzy and Judas Priest successfully defended and won their lawsuits brought against them as a result of kids killing themselves. So you do have precedent.

stk0308 and VFR#52 like this.
  10. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

I wonder which network is going to pick up this show?

11. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Yes he did, He also started Wera RPM club that actually was doing decent a few yrs running against Cmra.
    What you failed to see is a trend to Cmra not following the rules and guidelines of the By Laws and Rule book they promote.
    Some have to sue to get this club to follow the rules.
    Something to think about.
    And I love how when I reply with facts about questions you ignore them or change the subject.
    You would make a great politician. LOL,
    Keep coming at me and I will keep shutting you down.
    Facts are hard to explain.

Steven Isenhower #52

12. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

working on that right now. LOL In talks with Discovery Channel. Bahhhhahhhh

Steven Isenhower #52

MikeyP likes this.
  13. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Clearly not that you care but the very way you're answering ( not really answering) the questions, combined with your condescending and relatively condescending attitude is a future deterrent for me and anyone on my team racin CMRA.

You don't have to answer the questions at all by any stretch but the answers you're giving comes off as shady as fuck.

See this is how I differ from many other views as I personally went through the AHRMA/AMA/Team obsolete bullshit while working for AHRMA.

This whole thing fucking stinks like shit and guess what, after all the bullshit, us AHRMA voters took our club back and have made a damn near complete recovery.

It's definitely possible but if the rest of the board responds and treats folks like you do simply on a forum then you'll never see a dime of our $$$.

Step back as so many have stated and let yourself cool off. The only thing you are doing with your shady answers is keeping people away from your club.

I'm 100% loyal to WERA and AHRMA as it is but I did want to try cmra tonrace against some new people at new tracks.

14. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

None. All the lawyers will be dead and no one will be around to draw up the contracts.

Past Glory and VFR#52 like this.
  15. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Actually laws of Texas non profit. That's what laws. They are public.

Steven Isenhower #52

Attached Files:

16. inge

inge Between fight or flight, one should choose wisely.

Never.

Friend of the treasurer.

Nope. Tex. Business Organizations Code Sec. 22.353 is pretty clear.

Even to the blind, the continuing, criminal refusal to comply begs the question - what is so important to hide?

What has been found explains the thoughtfully planned smear campaign laid out in defendants' emails, texts, and hidden forum communications.

VFR#52 likes this.
  17. CMRA 270

CMRA 270 Comes here for the latest CMRA gossip

I see your point...and I appreciate your response, but as was pointed out by Lee several posts ago; the CMRA is thriving. There isn't anything wrong; the fields are huge, the racing product is first rate...and the impression that the club is in some sort of trouble is completely and totally false. If you don't believe me...and I understand that you might not, have a look here at the results from our last round;

http://www.cmraracing.com/content.php?3-results&tabid=120

There are 6-8 people that need you to believe there is an issue. That's what I've been passionately battling. Clearly, to some, I've missed the mark. To others, I have not. If a racer chooses not to race with the CMRA because of this absolutely childish spat over club politics that admittedly I'm perpetuating, then that racer is really missing some of the best...if not the best racing programs in the US. Stay off the bbs and the racers don't know the difference.

Ever noticed how happy you are living in the United States if you don't watch CNN or FOX News for political updates? Same difference.

Last note; I'm glad you saved you club; that's a huge deal. I'm trying to do the same thing here whether you agree with that or my methods or not.

backbone likes this.
  18. CMRA 270

CMRA 270 Comes here for the latest CMRA gossip

Coming to you from the "spam account"...I'm surprised you're commenting on a public bbs about a lawsuit that you're leading.

19. inge

inge Between fight or flight, one should choose wisely.

Whoever you are, public comment is easy where 1) you have nothing to hide and 2) the facts are a matter of public record.

VFR#52 likes this.
  20. G 97

G 97 Garth

Good businesses fail in good times. Just because the racing is good, it shouldn't absolve the BOD from their fiduciary responsibilities to the membership. I think it's a little simplistic on your part to chalk up the clubs current state of affairs as simply being the result of 6-8 people needing to believe that there is an issue. It's way beyond this. Why is the BOD so adamantly against being transparent with the financials. It seems to me they would want to be the opposite. What exactly are they hiding?

Banditracer and VFR#52 like this.