1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First: Kill All The Lawyers

Discussion in 'General' started by YamRZ350, Feb 16, 2016.

1. CMRA 270

CMRA 270 Comes here for the latest CMRA gossip

When was this?

2. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Beats me. It was mentioned in an earlier post.

"Well sir I was thrown out of a board meeting way back in 1999 when Cmra left Wera. Actually they threatened to call the cops cause I wanted to sit in on meeting."

CMRA 270 likes this.
  3. CMRA 270

I don't think they were ever the same. We did run a national endurance series.

4. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Well your out of the loop.
    Try 2013 they flamed my ass just like plaintiff.
    And just so you on same page it was another group running Cmra at that time.
    So facts are hard for you grasp too I see.
    Now start at beginning of thread and please read from beginning.
    Then come on back and play.
    Sorry was having fun at your expense.
    But really try reading the court documents.
    I've already played game with trolls.
    That all you got for me?
    Bahhhaaa.

Steven Isenhower #52

5. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Well you want truth or my opinion?
    My opinion 1st Seems a racer filed a lawsuit against club cause he was eligible to stay a novice and a certain person didn't like him and promoted him to expert. But Seeing as they where Wera affiliates the Wera rulebook clearly stated he could be a novice again.
    Well no more Wera rulebook to follow then they could do as they pleased.
    Now officially Cmra didn't need to give half it's license fee to Wera.
    I'm sure Mongo can correct me on what I have wrong if he chooses to.
    But if I remember right lawyer fees of 40k and guess what the members where not told about it. And it was members money being spent to defend the club.

Steven Isenhower #52

6. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

My point is this isn't the CMRA bbs. He reflects his organization. The crazies posting in here don't. I'm confident that I can assume most in here can tell there are a few being melo-dramatic but CMRA 270 isn't distancing himself from it, but rather contributing to it. This coming from an observer that doesn't live anywhere near Texas so could care less how this plays out.

VFR#52 likes this.
  7. CMRA 270

So a dude actually sued a club because he didn't want to be promoted to expert?

Can you understand what we deal with here?

backbone likes this.
  8. Trunxgp1224

Trunxgp1224 Well-Known Member

Yes, I'm directing that at you.

9. CMRA 270

As Lee says; I'm defending my club. My driver is the personal stake I have in it. I appreciate and even respect your point of view. I somehow think if someone called your baby ugly, you'd take issue with it too.

10. CMRA 270

Not sure which part; it appears several people weighed in including the plaintiff. Is there something you're not clear on from my posts?

11. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

I want to say I remember some cunt named Travis something who got his knickers twisted over being promoted. He took some money he had and tried to start CCS South. IIRC he ran one or two events before folding. Hacks like me were winning races. It was a joke.

I dont remember him suing the club though.

CMRA 270 likes this.
  12. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Don't fuck this up for us you dick!

CarrMoto likes this.
  13. Trunxgp1224

Mongo referenced the actual books as in more than a P&L. Books as in receipts, transaction logs, money in and out- to who and for what. You said someone was shown the books already, a third person asked who, you responded Dennis, in January.

So you're saying more than a P&L and tax return was shown at the meeting in Jan?

14. CMRA 270

That is correct. It's my understanding that more was shown than was actually legally obligated to be shown. Complicating matters in my opinion is the fact that not everyone can read and decipher financials. I can't be sure he understood what he saw.

15. Trunxgp1224

That's not what I asked. In some posts it's said P&L and Tax return. In reference to mongos post of "the books" you're saying that they were given up(shown).

So were "the books" given up or just the P/L and Tax return?

16. CMRA 270

Three years of financials if I recall and the tax return. You were there. What did you see?

17. Trunxgp1224

The 2014 tax return and the 2015 P&L. A far stretch from the books, and3 years of financials.

So I would appreciate it if you didn't post saying that the books have been shown in the past when it is not even remotely true. I have asked to see "the books" in their entirety more then once and have been told no more then once. If I remember right the first one was because I didn't ask for them "properly"

VFR#52 likes this.
  18. CMRA 270

The copy I have...that you saw, had 2013, 2014 and 2015. Complete financials. You did ask for receipts and for credit card statements...again, if I recall correctly. They were not produced. You saw the exact same set that I did planning with and that we met on that day.

So you've seen them; can you tell us what you saw? What were the totals? Did the tax return match the financials? These are important questions. If you want to impune your club Dennis, you need to make sure it has some merit. Can you tell the audience that the numbers did not reconcile and that the tax return wasn't accurate?

For what it's worth, Mongo doesn't know how our club works and certainly isn't the arbiter of what is divulged. He is however correct that "the books" are more than simply the P&L. You saw the financials for three years. You saw a record 2013, a slightly down '14 and a '15 that was within several thousand dollars of '13. You also asked specifically about the accounting of the gate cash. It was recorded in the financial statements and accounted for correctly. You asked some specifics around how it was counted and recorded. I don't remember who answered that.

So, what was alleged was the shaving of $100's of thousands of dollars. You've seen the financials. Tell us where you think it came from. Ask Rolling Dirty...er...the plaintiff.

Wanna see them again? Just ask.

19. Trunxgp1224

The "complete financials" are not the p/l which is all I saw. There was one tax return for 2014 which isn't special, anyone can google them.

I did ask for receipts and debit card statements, but I wasn't allow to have them. I was told what I was already shown is "more than legally required anyway."

you're right I didn't know what I was looking at because there was nothing to back up the numbers on the P/L. A toddler could have hand smashed the keyboard and I wouldn't know because all they were, were arbitrary numbers backed up by nothing, at least nothing I was allowed to see.

Again I asked for the books and records, I was denied. You(BOD) told the CMRA board that I wasn't denied anything. Again here YOU are saying I was shown the books and again, I wasn't, I was denied my request. I wasn't allowed to see quickbooks or anything, I was shown p/l and a tax return.

MikeyP and VFR#52 like this.
  20. CMRA 270

You did see QB. That's where the report was run from Dennis. What were you expecting to see? They can't be arbitrary numbers. The tax returns are prepared from them.

Let's try this another way; what do you think you're entitled to see exactly and under what laws?