1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First (but not last) Endurance Race

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by rfknight, May 27, 2001.

1. rfknight

rfknight P-Star

Man, what a time! Thanks to Medicracer for giving me a ride on his F3 in the 4-hour at Tally this weekend and a big thanks to PKS for helping us crew.

Congrats to AOD and NOTB. It was great meeting Sam and part of the gang if only briefly.

Sam, glad you liked the picture from "Barthelona." My fiancee was really impressed when I told her you pronounced it in proper Spanish. [​IMG] (She took the picture BTW)

Can't wait for VIR. Looks like I'll be using the Solo 20s for practice.

Won't be able to make Putnam but I'm definitely looking forward to entering the GSXR at VIR.

The key things I learned:
    1. Be prepared
    2. It is NOT 1-2 seconds a lap slower than sprint pace.
    3. Opie et al CAN lap me twice in 30 laps
    4. When things go wrong with the bike weigh ALL of your options
    5. A 120/70 will puncture the radiator on an F3.
    6. A forty minute stint will leave you sore the next day.
    7. Endurance Rocks!!! (I hate that expression but I can't think of anything else right now.) [​IMG]

2. PKS

PKS Happiness is belt fed!

You're welcome Richard, and I have the bag for your blue chair.

This was definitely a learning experience. I have to echo Richard on being prepared. Have everything you think you'll need, and then add to it.

It is also truly a team effort; everyone involved has to pitch in and do their part or things just don't work like they should; it's also not fair to put your share of the responsibility on the rest of the team.

I wish that I could split myself up into pieces so I could help all of the people who were there trying to do the endurance race with a minimum of crew.

Richard, thanks to you and your friends who came over to help out; we all made a great team. If you need help at VIR, I'll be there. If not, I'm sure the guys from Maryland can use an extra hand.

All in all, I'm looking forward to the next one.

3. melissa

melissa Sir

4. rfknight

rfknight P-Star

Your welcome. Glad y'all liked it enough to put it on the website. That is way cool. Thanks!