1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FI Light

Discussion in 'Tech' started by TGRIFF, Apr 15, 2020.

1. TGRIFF

TGRIFF Active Member

Looking for some help diagnosing an FI light on my 05 CBR 600 RR.

I was in a crash last year and I damaged the fuel tank and radiator. I took the bike apart and reassembled IAW the owner’s manual. I replaced the broken parts in the process. Now that the bike is back together, when I start it, the FI caution comes on a and stays on.

The bike has had some race/track mods done and I am having trouble identifying the fault codes using the recommendations in the manual and what I’ve read online. The kick stand and associated wiring has been removed. The data link connector does not appear to be under the seat where it should be.

Looking for any additional tips as I try to troubleshoot. I am trying to get everything ready to go for whenever the season starts back up.

Thanks

2. Mran556

Mran556 Well-Known Member

I think the dlc on mine has a black cap or was wrapped in tape. Mines a 07 and its been awhile since ive had the seat off.

Upper and lower injectors all plugged in and what not? Buddy forgot once on his zx and the fi light came on.

3. TGRIFF

TGRIFF Active Member

Thanks for the tips. I will look again for the DLC and go through and reseat all the injectors.