1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ferrari vs Corvette

Discussion in 'General' started by ryoung57, Apr 30, 2014.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

It's not my fault you guys don't know the history. :D

2. Daekwan

Daekwan Ant Gobert's fav. rider..

How about a smaller track. Laguna Seca perhaps? Laps performed by the same professional driver. Where exactly is the Aventador faster?

http://fastestlaps.com/tracks/laguna_seca.html

Pos Make / Model Time Speed (km/h) Year Power (hp) / Weight (kg) Driven by
    1. SRT Viper TA 1:33.62 139 '13 649 / 1520 Randy Probst
    2. Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 1:33.70 138 '08 647 / 1530 Randy Pobst
    3. Dodge Viper SRT-10 ACR 1:33.92 138 '08 608 / 1536 Chris Winkler
    4. SRT Viper GTS 1:34.23 138 '13 649 / 1560 Randy Probst
    5. Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z07 Package 1:34.43 137 '11 512 / 1394
    6. McLaren MP4-12C 1:34.50 137 '10 600 / 1434 Randy Pobst
    7. SRT Viper 1:34.63 137 '13 659 / 1520 Randy Probst
    8. Mercedes SLS AMG Black Series 1:35.03 136 '13 631 / 1550 Randy Pobst
    9. Devon GTX 1:35.08 136 0 659 / 0
    10. Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4 1:35.40 136 '11 700 / 1575 Randy Pobst

3. Mick6R

Mick6R Well-Known Member

Sounds like GM media hype to me. Just have to wait what kind of lap times a skilled driver can do in it compared to the <$500k production cars.

4. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Sheik Abdul ben Falafel Well-Known Member

jesus fucking christ...

you said stock for stock right?

the zr1 and z06 in question both ran DOT competition tires (Michelin Pilot Sport Cup Zero)

with stock tires, the zr1 runs 7:26.4

the lp700 was on stock tires.

Last edited: May 6, 2014
  5. Daekwan

Any dealer can take a deposit. Trust me, I've talked to enough of them. A $1,000 refundable deposit will hold a C7Z06 order a many dealerships.

The fact is the car still isn't finalized yet. GM wouldnt bother to specifically use the terminology "at least" 625hp in every press release.. it they were not considering actually delivering more than that number.

6. Daekwan

So you are saying that the Michelin tires were not stock? That someone took the tires off the factory ZR1 and replaced them.

That the car didnt ship from the factory with Michelin's on the car?

Last I checked. Stock meant the way the vehicle was delivered from the factory floor. And thats exactly the way the ZR1 was shipped from the plant.

7. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

what tires were the cars on?

8. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

just stop.

the zr1 comes with Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 from the factory.

that is not the same tire as the sport cup zero (one on the ring)...not even close.

9. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

you mean the dealership that my father in law owns? :crackup:
    the same dealership that i have bought 2 z06, 1 zr1 (c6), 2 c7, and ordered the new z06 from?

you might want to talk to some more. and no....that deposit is a lot more than a grand.

10. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

The "original" and true Yellow Birds (that one made famous by the Nurburgring run) were based on NA Carrera 3.2's that was then modified by Ruf for huge weight reductions and a custom turbo setup. Last I heard, there was only one that was registered in the US, but that was quite a long time ago.

Subsequent customer CTR's (and the less extreme Ruf BTR that preceded them in 1983) could be based on the 930 (first turbocharged 911), which had the wide-body rear, but the Ruf version was no wider than the stock 911. This is the picture posted above. They were built by Ruf, and could come in yellow, but are not regarded as true "Yellow Bird" CTR's. They were still VERY powerful cars, but typically did not get the true "lightweight" treatment (aluminum/fiberglass panels etc.) that made the originals so regarded (and valuable).

I remember being in dealerships back when that video came out, and there'd be customers and employees just staring with their mouths open. It ran non-stop for months, and I think it may have been the first "viral-video" of all time. I lost count how many copies I made for friends......

Last edited: May 6, 2014
  11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

My local Ferrari dealer will accept only a $1000 deposit on any car they sell. Gets you on the list.

What number you are you'll never know and if you ever move up depends on if they are done laughing at you yet. :D

Kind of like a SS Rolex Daytona (except they don't take a deposit in most cases). If you ever get up the list depends on a lot of factors. :)

12. Daekwan

So your father-in-law owns the only dealership in the world that will be selling the new Z06?

Wow.. thats amazing. Somebody better tell GM, since they plan on selling about 5,000 Z06's a year. Thats going to be one busy dealership!

13. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Stop ruining threads by bringing up watches!!!!!!!!

14. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

that wont even get you on the viper list here.

a 458 required 10 percent down.
    a 458sp required half down.

15. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

they all do....it goes by volume...who sells the most c7, gets the first allocations of z06...and its 5000 for the first batch.

considering his dealership is 3rd in overall chevy sales in the nation...its not that hard.

you might want to talk to more people before you start talking about out of your ass.

GM has already given out build dates to people who are on the list.

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Like I said, once they are done laughing at you. :D

You and your $1000 is competing against people who pay full price price years ahead without even being guaranteed a car. :D

Hey Powder: Rolex, Rolex, Rolex, Patek, Patek, Patek. :D

17. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

nobody pays full price before taking delivery for a ferrari. Ferrari NA policy.
    if you have to wait 4 years, you pay after 4 years. that is why dealers started doing the money down bs..as Ferrari NA did not say that you could not put money down.

money doesnt make you go up or down on a ferrari list...your relationship with the dealer does.

the only way i got on the list for 458sp was because I bought a 360, 430, and 458 from the same dealership...I also use them for my out of warranty stuff.

18. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

impressive car considering the time period. :up:

19. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I'm gonna stuff your ass in a VP can next time I see you!

20. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

growing up, you either liked the lambo, ferrari f40, 959, or the yellow bird.

I was a f40 fan.
    that did not change until they broke my heart with the f50 release.