1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ferrari vs Corvette

Discussion in 'General' started by ryoung57, Apr 30, 2014.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

2. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Sheik Abdul ben Falafel Well-Known Member

The Nsx vs boxter was a good read also

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I liked the Range Rover versus Jeep story.

4. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Dave, you read about the vw?

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I read it a few weeks back, remind me of the VW article?

6. Chip

Chip Registered

I spent a lot of time in an 86 Testarossa and it is a man's car. Simply sitting in that car will put hair on your chest.

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Ah, the Phaeton versus something. Yeah, that's in my briefcase to take to germany on my next trip.

I drove the first gen version and it was a great car but flawed (electrical glitches). The owner of the company I work for has a second gen and he loves it. He leased it for like €300 a month. He got the deal if he went with an A8 next but ended up buying the VW for way below market value (what he'd pay for a Skoda). Gen 2 is a great car.

8. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

It is hard as hell to drive!

9. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

They only brought the first gen to America, right?

10. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

I really like those older NSX's.

Half the time I see them it is some douchebag and the thing is .25'' off the ground with body accent kits and a bunch of half assed plastic shit on them.

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeah, but there's talk of the next gen coming but it'll never sell here.

Gen 2 has the best seats ever put into a lux car.

12. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

I didn't read the link, and I haven't a clue about what's being said here but, per the thread title.....I got Corvette.

:rock:

13. apexspeed

apexspeed Well-Known Member

especially on narrow roads.. did you buy new? LOL! what is your impression of the 512BB of the same era?

14. Chip

Chip Registered

Yep. It was the Hayabusa of Ferrari's.....it really only went well in straight line. Pretty much impossible to hustle around a road course fast.

512BB was a death trap.....snap lift throttle oversteer.

15. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

The 512bb handling like crap is the reason why the testa had such a wide reared.

512bb massive oversteer
    Testa massive under steer

My dad has a 95 512m

16. Phl218

Phl218 .

Gunter will bring
    His NSx to the ECM

And the only time I drove a Rossa was at night in the rain around town. Fun times , would have kicked ass if at daytime and no rain

17. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

I have never loved a car as much as our 1990 Testarossa. It only had just over 5,000 miles on it and this was in 2012. It was everything a Ferrari is in my mind when I close my eyes: Low, red, amazing leather smell, manual steering and most importantly a gated manual trans and 12cyl engine. The sounds it made were all perfect whatever it was doing. Even the starter sounds sexy.

I am a GM and Honda guy. A 2nd gen and 6th gen Z06 corvette are must haves in my life someday, but I'll take a testarossa over either one. I don't care which is faster or handles better or cost more.

18. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Speaking of the corvette - as wild as the new model is, vents, intakes and spoilers everywhere, what's the next Z06 (or whatever) going to be like?

19. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

The article just confirmed what every car guy knows.

The cars of today are soulless other than a few exceptions.

400 and 500 hp cars that are boring to drive.

Give me a well sorted car from the 80's and 90's any day over the new stuff.

Mmmm...E34 M5, E30 M3

20. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

I always find it funny that car mags and people who dont simultaneously own both the old cars and new cars are the only ones who say that.

compare apples to apples....a 12cyl ferrari has just as much soul as a ferrari did back then, a corvette is just as much soul-less as it was back then. M5s, and M3s are still turds compared to a ferrari and a corvette as they were back then. :D

Nothing has more soul than a lambo. No, not even an alfa!