1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Federal Government Shutdown

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by galloway840, Jan 3, 2019.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

It isn’t expensive compared to the cost of dealing with illegals once they’re here.

Banditracer likes this.
  2. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

It is the new and improved me for 2019! :D

3. G 97

G 97 Garth

Oh F... off. :D

crashman likes this.
  4. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Given she claims to be a devote Catholic yet actively promotes abortion I would not be concerned about her comments on morality.

galloway840 likes this.
  5. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

If only we were fortunate enough for her mother to have had a horrible coat hanger accident.

6. galloway840

galloway840 Well-Known Member

On the morality position recently identified by the left, I'd only add that if indeed a wall is immoral, why haven't you been protesting the existing walls for the past many decades? Immoral actions by the US are generally loudly protested. I don't recall significant protests over any of the existing Southern border walls in my lifetime.

So, I'm wondering what might bring this shutdown to an end. I have to think the democrats want something out of this.

How about Trump allows DACA to become law, not just executive order? I believe a majority of Americans sort of support DACA anyway, and Trump has used the issue as leverage in the past. Why not now? Get the full 25-50Billion for a significant wall, lots of agents, lots of sensors and technology, and allow the childhood arrivals to stay. We can continue to send back parents and especially anyone who has committed additional crimes when here as has been done for many administrations.

7. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Wall and end chain migration for DACA, deal. Otherwise no DACA as the entire thing is illegal.

8. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

That's a horrible deal! DACA has already cost hundreds of billions... setting it in stone would basically give insurance companies permanent license to print money at will.

I'm glad you guys don't run things!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

They do. Make Trump look bad.

10. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

And because of that, I can't think of anything that would actually tip them over toward a deal.

11. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I'm thinking there's a decent chance this may all blow up in the Dem's faces. Things have steadily been getting better over the last two years, to the point that I think a lot of the people that got out and voted for Trump out of frustration (and concern about Hillary) stayed home in the midterms and allowed the Dem's to take back the house. If things go to shit (they will) because all the Dems want to do is obstruct and play games for the next two years, they'll piss of A LOT of middle ground voters whose healthcare costs continue to rise, 401ks continue to drop, effective income continues to drop (because of these stupid minimum wage increases), and so on. Trump and any other intelligent Republican will have to be as vocal as possible about blaming all of this regression squarely on the Democrats so everyone understands what is going on and why. If they can do that, 2020 will be a landslide Republican victory.

12. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I'm flying to Dubai on Friday via JFK. Trying to figure out if I should give myself more time for security if the TSA is understaffed.

13. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

She's saying the same thing.
    https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/rad...eme-they-may-actually-help-him-get-re-elected

14. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

I have a great tent and sleeping pad you are welcome to use.

15. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Just don’t drag your kid through the airport by their hoodie and you should be okay.

16. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I have a kid?!?! :eek:

TXFZ1 likes this.
  17. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

You just described EXACTLY what is going to happen.

18. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I hope so. But if Trump and the Republicans don't stay on top of it and point out every obstructionist tactic by the Dems, the Dems will blame Trump for the backslide and gain more ground in 2020. He has GOT to pound these bitches on every single dumb thing they do and use Twitter and whatever other bullhorn he can get his hands on to get that message out.

19. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

It might not matter. If the economy isn't doing well the current President will be blamed. I know you all think DT can change that, and maybe he can, but I wouldn't count on it.

20. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

I hate to say it, but I don't see that. Hillary lost because she was the worst (clearly corrupt) candidate that has run in the last 100 years.

Shut downs occur because disagreement comes to a head. When was the last time that the dems took it on the chin for that? Muelly is clearly a crime looking for a perp, so where's the mainstream outrage about that? When was the last time Trump received credit for any polucy / action he's taken? Even Repub support for the man is tacit at best. Adding to that is the solid evidence that the far left increases its members daily.

Trump is not The Great Communicator that he needs to be at this point. I saw Oprey for the first time yesterday pictured in the group of Dems considering a run. I fear that this is going to be a landslide.