1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favorite Corner

Discussion in 'General' started by rwood64083, Jan 20, 2014.

1. rwood64083

rwood64083 Gifted as in 'DUHHHH'

Roebling left hander. I call it T5, some call it T6. Best corner ever [​IMG]

Followed closely by T1 at RA while on an SV650 tipping-in and no brakes [​IMG]

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Right now my answer would be turn one (and therefore 1 and 2) at Brainerd.

3. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

The Carousel @ Road America.

4. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

ShortK and GDawg nailed my 2 pics. Even tho T1 at BIR is awesome, I'll give the nod to Road America Carousel.

5. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

T1 at Putnam

6. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

The old turn 12 at Road Atlanta.

Damn near every corner at Road America except the entrance to the chicane. I forgot the number/name.

7. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

You arent running it in there deep enough ;)

For me it would be the last third of barber as a whole. T-11 to the front straight. Or mostly t-11 to pit out

8. CYLax

CYLax Venomous Duck

:up: This

9. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

The last turn onto the straight at Nashville, mostly because I could actually pass some people there.

10. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

I am with you on Turn 5 (6?) the left hander and Roebling and I would add the scoring tower turn (Charlotte's web?) at Barber.

11. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

T1 Daytona in an AMA Pro race. After being WFO on the banking, and with draft passes and such, it takes a brave man to get it right and not get on the brakes early. Brake late and go wide, everyone passes on the inside. Or really go too late and hard and do a Rusty Bradley.

12. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

It's gone now but T1 at Bridgehampton is my all time favorite!!! WFO down a super long straight and then tip it into a blind right hand down hill turn!

[​IMG]

13. DDK732

DDK732 Well-Known Member

Dunlop Corner at Suzuka. Technical and fast, it takes some bravery to get through there properly...especially at night, in the rain and on slicks!

14. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

+1

15. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Turn 1 at Barber. You can go WFO well past brake marker one, its blind, and you can carry a metric ass ton of speed to set up some remarkable passing going down the hill through T2 - T4 back onto the straight into Charlottes web.

16. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Not my fav but next to last corner coming onto the front straight at NYST is fun, when you hit it at a good clip you get lightheaded for a sec from the Gs :)

17. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

That 240 Degree @ NCCAR
    Old Turn 12 @ Road Atlanta
    The Carousel @ Road America
    Dead Bear @ Putnam....

18. some guy #2

some guy #2 Well-Known Member

I dunno why but that's the corner I always play in my mind when I get bored or distracted.

19. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Turn 9 and 10 at Mid O. Hard braking downhill right followed by left hand uphill under the bridge to a blind right into the start of Thunder Valley. Your reference point on the blind corner is a v in the trees! I also love 3 at Grattan, downhill off camber. Been caught out there before!

Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
  20. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

The kink at Nelson. End of thread.