1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fastest curve?

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Nov 6, 2012.

1. It's even hella fun on an Sv. Click into 6th just at the kink of turn 7 and hope for the best.. each time for 6 laps. weeeeeeeeee! :wow:

2. IIRC T1 at Nashville was/is "only" around 110ish. I think T3 at Jennings is faster.

3. Gorilla

Gorilla Let me push on that bitch

Southeast I gota go with T9 @ Roebling. Push the front spin up the rear with your knee on the ground shit yeah

4. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

What was called T1, coming off the banking past the grass? If so that was 6th gear wide open still, and leaned over damn far, but dont recall if it was knee down.

5. That part wasn't labeled. Nashville didn't use Roebling's method. :D

T1 is where you were knee down (in 4th) then you stood it up quickly and broke hard for the slowass T2.

6. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

Oh, well I meant T.5 at nashville then :D. Coming off the banking. :crackup:

7. banzai132

banzai132 Oh shit! not again!

Some test track in Germany. WFO the whole way.

8. oldmonk

oldmonk Just trying something!

May not be that fast, but turn 1 at Mid Ohio seems kind of fast. Have no idea what the speed could be there? :confused: just a thought since no one has mention it.

9. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I fell there. :down:

10. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

Are you still sliding?

11. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Was T9 at Beaverun mentioned? It's more of a dog leg but on a TZ it was WOT in 6th but I don't remember if there was knee contact. Seems to me it was (at least a quick scuff) but memory is fading...

12. some guy #2

some guy #2 Well-Known Member

I thought Mid-O T1 was slower than Putnam. I think for any MW tracks Putnam has the fastest T1. At least you have miles of run off room so you take it faster than you should maybe :).

13. Yep.... its been mentioned. I used to be knee down in 6th WOT on my 600, but one time I caught my knee puck on the shitty curb they have there, and started tucking my knee in after that. Its a great turn, and I like that you have to start braking hard for 10 before your able to get the bike fully upright.

14. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Yes, that is a cool "corner", although it is more accurately just a kink to a competent rider.

But on a 1000cc Superbike piloted by an expert rider it may be a bit more challenging. . . say say 165ish. :eek:

15. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

:stupid: Mosport has a quick average speed, it can be intimidating but there are no real fast corners, T4 & T8 are taken in 4th (on my TZ anyway)...

16. I've done plenty of 1:01 and 1:02 laps around there on my 600. Thats still a ways off of the lap record, but Id say it's plenty competent. Not to mention, that's my best corner on the track. I've followed guys through there that have done :58s and none of them gain any ground on me in that turn. It's definitely qualifies as a "corner" on my 600. Like I said, its knee down, 12 or 13 thousand rpm in six gear, and then hard braking while the bike is still leaned over pretty far.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2012
  17. gcally

gcally Well-Known Member

The kink at Nelsons might not be the fastest but is for sure one of the most frightening turns in the US. It’s so bumpy everything turns to a haze.

Back in the production racing days I drug a stock exhaust on a GSXR 600 and lifted the rear wheel off the ground. That was some terrifying shit.

18. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Ha! No, but it was quite a ride. I wish there were pictures from the track, but I haven't ever been able to find any.

19. 418

418 Expert #59

T9 @ Roebling is some proper fun.

20. luke738

luke738 Well-Known Member

I haven't read all of the posts, but how about "faster" or T11 at MMP?? I managed to crash there once in an endurance and never left the pavement! Slid all the way to 12 haha.