1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fastest curve?

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Nov 6, 2012.

1. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

T8 @ Willow 160mph?

2. Yall are making me want to ride that track. I like the fast corners like that. I dont like corners where you have to brake and shit.

3. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

What's so unique about it is it's the first corner on the track. Plus after T10 you have a mile long straight away to try and talk yourself into being a man. :D

4. theJrod

theJrod Well-Known Member

PR has a very fast T1. There's no point to drag knee at anything near those speeds.

5. wsmc 589

wsmc 589 Well-Known Member

Turn 8 Willow Springs. Real fast track, the only problem is there are no small wrecks...

6. Yep, gonna have to check it out. I think it should be a rule that all T1's are fast. Road Atlanta, Talladega, Nashville, Roebling, even Barber...all awesome T1's.

CMP, VIR...suckass T1's.

7. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

Likde I said. Just pretend t10 at cmp is t1 and you will like it lol

8. wsmc 589

wsmc 589 Well-Known Member

Watch your entry speed in the afternoon, wind comes in hard and wants to push you away from the apex. I lost the from there once, saved it (luck) and always thought it may have been a wind gust. I wasn't moving faster than normal.

9. Not one of the fastest around, but definitely fast and fun. I've seen 100 on my speedometer at the apex. It's sweet having a half mile straight with such a fast turn leading on to it. Turn 4 is damn fast too, but the consequences for a mistake are too high in that one, so I never pushed close to the limit there, and definitely never looked at the speedometer going through there.

10. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

That's funny!

The first roadrace I ever went to was the AMA race at Brainard in '96. From what I recall only the SB were rolling off slightly before tipping into T1.
    I also remember that they had a bunch of cones on the outside of the front straight right before T1. On the starts there was so much wind coming off the pack of riders that it would blow half the cones over.

11. I agree that it's not a real turn, but it's definitely very fast. On my 600, I exit the hogs pen in 4th gear at about 11,000 rpm. Im in 6th by the time I tip in for the kink, and have hit the rev limiter going through there before. Leaning the bike does increase RPM, but still, that's pretty damn fast. I haven't raced it on a 1000, but Id imagine going through there 10-15 mph faster than I have would be pretty thrilling.

12. On my 600, in 6th gear, with the throttle pinned, I used to drag my knee there just using regular riding form. After I caught it on the weird inside curb once, I started tucking it in, but still carrying a lot of lean angle. It's definitely a "curve," and a pretty awesome one at that. To me it's really fun because you come through there flat out, and then have to start braking hard, and shifting down 3 or 4 gears, before you get the bike fully upright. Definitely a technical turn if you go through it fast enough.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2012
  13. HRC-E.B.

HRC-E.B. Well-Known Member

Mosport Turn 4 is a top of 4 (long gearing) or even 5th, almost full gas on a 600, knee down over a blind crest kind of thing. That would put that in the big boys league with the best of the other fast turns, I think...

14. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

04 R6 SB(~130hp), 16/46 gearing, nearly a full mile run from a 3rd gear corner, ~14k and tip it, never breathing. VIR doesnt come close.

I rode our old endurance bike(03 gsxr1000) there on 06 and Lumberjack commented on the sound of it spinning the tire thru there as he was watching from the wall. That was a breeze compared to BIR T1.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2012
  15. SLLaffoon

SLLaffoon Well-Known Member

74 posts and no one has said I-285? :D

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

HA! That's never stopped them before :D

17. I definitely wasn't trying to say that it was anything compared to BIR. I've never been to BIR, but it sounds like fun!:up:

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No clue on speed, never stood there with a radar gun.

Fastest in the SE is probably Roebling T1 - done right. Honestly not sure as none of the ones I can think of are really all that fast compared to some others around the country like Willow T8-9 and some of the others that have been mentioned.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I doubt anyone is doing 160 through there. It's fast for sure but I don't think it's that fast.

Would be cool to get the data from some of the fast guys for all the corners at all the tracks.

20. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

only reason T4 would be intimidating is the guard rail and forest facing you at a speed that comes no where close to T1 Brainard