1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F3 & V7 Questions

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by asphaltsurfer1, Apr 14, 2007.

1. asphaltsurfer1

asphaltsurfer1 V7 Rookie

Hi, I recently purchased a stock 96’ F3 street bike & have spent the winter converting into what I believe should be a relatively race worthy bike. At this moment I’m doing all the track days I can & aspire to run the “Race on Sunday, Work on Monday” gang you all know so well. As far as the motorcycle goes I’m mostly focusing on brakes & suspension but have a question.

My question is what kind of front brake master cylinder upgrade if any would be legal for V7? Maybe one from another bike of the era or can someone tell me what the “hot setup” is? I’ve already upgraded the fronts with EBC HH pads & Goodridge lines. My current setup has a nice feel but as a gear head I’m always looking for more/better.

*Any other tips/tricks, resources that you all would like to share regarding the F3 would be greatly appreciated!!*

THANKS!!

2. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

I don't know how much I'd concentrate on messing with the stock master. In all honesty, I have a 94 F2 and the brakes are excellent. Even worked coming down the back straight at Road A with no problems.

3. Outsider V6 V7

Outsider V6 V7 Well-Known Member

I've heard no complaints from Honda V7 MW guys so I'd just change the fluid and go. I believe I overheard Stickboy telling someone he found some different compounds so just hang on he'll be along shortly.

4. gregcbr

gregcbr Well-Known Member

i would stay with what you have, the f3 brakes work really well . i also race a 96 f3 with some success and to quote the one and only Melch," spend all you'r money on suspension and tires"...... bridgstone that is :up:

5. Dyle

Dyle Glad its a new year!!

Some nice EBC pads or maybe even rotors are of but the masters cyclinders are all great and wouldnt mess with that at all. Even if you went with steel braided lines the masters would stay. Ive raced several f2s and f3s and even an ol f1 hurricane and never had any trouble stopping. At least when I was on the pavement.
    And as for Greg there take it from him since he has the fastest lap set by a v7mw bike on RA and his bike is pretty much boner stocker. So go for the suspension with the one and only Thermosman( I have his number if you need it) and get some good stones to run on from our boy Stick and youll have the time of you life. These are the best bunch of guys to race with and youll never be happier racing in any other group.

6. asphaltsurfer1

asphaltsurfer1 V7 Rookie

I was just curios because stock MC's for other bikes are usually cheap on eBay. I've already set the bike up with stainless lines, Motul DOT 5.1, & EBC HH's. My shock & forks should arrive back any day now from Thermosman so I've got that taken care of.

Thanks for taking time to help "the new Guy".

7. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

IMO, EBC HH pads suck. Bead blast the rotors and get some Vesrah RJL's. Way better than the EBC's. :up:

8. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

I agree with you Joe, but I don't think Vesrah makes pads for the stock calipers................see stickboy for the new magic compound brake pads for the HRC crowd............or upgrade to use the Vesrah macdaddy RJL's.

Welcome to the V7 crowd...........bring lots of beer!

:beer:

9. F2RGK

F2RGK Smack Talker, but Nice!

Ok, The Dr. is in!

The "Race Sintered" Brake pads from Vesrah for the F3 are no longer available unless you find someone with them in stock on their shelves. "Braking" Rotors are no longer available as well. EBC's :Puke: !! Gypsy, you still RuuuuUUULLLEEEE!:D