1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F*ck Hollywood!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by sharkattack, Mar 25, 2003.

1. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

How dare they honor a child rapist with an Oscar! Yes, Roman Polanski was honored with an Academy Award on Sunday. I guess those in Hollywood don't think it's wrong to drug a 13 year old girl and then sodomize her. Apparently France thinks it's OK too since they won't extradite him to the US. This happened a number of years ago (not that it makes one bit of difference how long ago it happened) in Jack Nichelson's house. Mr. Nichelson must not think much of it either since he frequently visits the rapist in France!! F#!* Hollywood!! Just seeing these self important a$$holes shower him with praise is enough to make my blood boil. This is but one more reason why most of the people in Hollywood make me sick. These people live in a fantasy land with someone to do everything for them from getting the mail to dressing them to cooking for them to driving them around, etc. Don't get me started

Anyone else want to comment on the whole Hollyweird crowd?

2. mad brad

mad brad Guest

i loved jack nicholson in men of honor. the shining too. oh, and as good as it gets. :)

3. wera176

wera176 Well-Known Member

I do gotta admit, I find it amusing to hear Hollywood lecture on morality! :Puke: :Puke: :Puke:

4. yz250mike

yz250mike Eric Cartman is my idol

yeah polansky is a sick sonabitch, but what are we suppose to do? stop watching movies?

5. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

Who is the guy?

6. sharkattack

No, but picking up a book now and then is a start. you can take a look at who's in the movie before you spend your money, for example. I'm not saying that I'm (or anyone else for that matter) is going to stop going to the movies, but I just wanted to make a point that actors and actresses are not the brightest bunch on the earth and their opinions mean "0". For a good read, check out www.hollywoodhalfwits.com and see what your favorite stars have to say on a myriad of topics.

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

At least he wasn't there to pick up his Oscar. :D Wasn't he convicted in absentia and under sentence right now? Last I read he hadn't been in the US in something like 30 years. Then again I don't care enough about Roman to look up the facts (as opposed to what I remember :D).
    Hollywood Morals!?!?!? Blah ha ha ha! But then again, I'm not going to be nominated for sainthood anytime in the near future. ;)

8. Rat

Rat Well-Known Member

How about all of those "Hollywood liberals" booing Michael Moore? That doesn't get in the way of the right wing stereotyping does it? :rolleyes:

9. sharkattack

I seriously doubt if the members of the audience would have been booing if the country wasn't at war right now. It would have looked terrible for them (the 'stars') to be cheering him publically. Outside of the Oscars, many celebrities have mentioned what a great film maker Moore is and how he's a fresh dose of reality. The audience was playing it safe for the cameras. After the Oscars, movie attendance typically shoots up. If the audience, i.e. 'stars', would have cheered him, that would have sent the wrong message to the public, letting them know that they support Moore. I'm sure many newspaper articles would have been written about it and what poor taste it showed. That could have a negative backlash against Hollywood, meaning the movie attendance would suffer.

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Didn't see it, Don't care one bit about Michael Moore, and at this point couldn't give a crap if Hollywood sank into the ocean.

11. wera313

wera313 Well-Known Member

12. Rat

Rat Well-Known Member

Unless they make more of those macho pro-military recruiting poster movies like the one that you have quoted on all of your posts (Top Gun). Hypocritical?

13. Rat

Rat Well-Known Member

I doubt that a genuinely "liberal" audience would have booed a fellow liberal. Regardless of the spin, it still goes upstream against the argument of "Hollywood liberals" that the righ-wing extremists shove at us.

14. sharkattack

You're right...to a certain extent. There were plenty of cheers in that audience though and, if you watch the clips of the audience during Moore's acceptance speech, you'll see plenty of clapping hands and fist pumping, i.e 'Right on!'

15. Rat

Rat Well-Known Member

So an accurate interpretation of the audience might be "A mixed audience then with the majority being against the liberal"?

16. sharkattack

Exactly the opposite of what you just described.

17. wera313

wera313 Well-Known Member

You are a piece of work. I quote a movie line and you twist that quote to imply that I support actors who have spoken out against war. Asteroid B612 must be a nice place to live…

I gave up posting in discussions with you when you wouldn't acknowledge free market economics.

18. edub

edub Well-Known Member

I have to agree with the masses on this one....but has anyone seen "Bowling fo Columbine"....I thought this was a pretty great movie...Michael Moore sounded like an idiot....I've shat more intelligence then he excreeted that night...

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's nice to hear the movie was enjoyable but my major issue with it is that Moore lies repeatedly throughout the movie. He misleads viewers and fakes items to make his point. While the underlying message might have osme merit it is overshadowed by the lies and ruins anything good the movie could be.

If it were actally a true, factual documentary it might be a great one, as it is it's not worth the celluloid it's printed on...

20. Rat

Rat Well-Known Member

I didn't do any such thing. I simply pointed out that on one hand you say "Amen" to Dave K when he states that he "...couldn't give a crap if Hollywood sank into the ocean" and on the other hand you have a quote from a Hollywood movie on your tag. That sounds a bit inconsistent to me. If by 'a piece of work' you mean that I am observant, thank you for the compliment.

I have no memory of a discussion with you about free market economics but arguing against FRE sounds like me.

You are welcome to give up on discussions with me if you like. What is your point in mentioning it?

FYI, Asteroid B612 is where The Little Prince lived in the story by Antoine de Saint Exupery. I suspect that you are more a fan of Machiavelli's The Prince than Exupery's The Little Prince however.