1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exotic Animals

Discussion in 'General' started by TheGrouchyCat, May 24, 2017.

1. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

This is a cynical bunch we have here.

2. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

Here are my 4 exotics trashing the back seat of my car this morning

7272737374747.jpg

3. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Frazier Farm Exotics. Sorry so long to respond back.

TheGrouchyCat likes this.
  4. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

How are we 5 pages in with no @SpeedyE

SpeedyE likes this.
  5. TheGrouchyCat

TheGrouchyCat Don't let my friends know I'm slow

Well, girlfriend got this kitten. She enjoys Moto2 so we're getting along.
    [​IMG]

6. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Be careful...to a kitten, the dangly bits are just another toy.

8. mattology

mattology Well-Known Member

ive had squirrels, reptiles, all that

to me, for a guy, the best pet of all time is a good loyal dog that matches your personality and energy level.

i have a female boxer and a male german shorthaired pointer, and when its finally their time to go to heaven, i'm gonna be heartbroken for a while

Gorilla George and Banditracer like this.
  9. That's the hardest part for me, even long before they pass, because I know they have a short lifespan. :(

I get really attached and they become my best friend. Then when something happens, it will send me into a depression, I won't even be able to talk about it for a while.

I went years without having a dog, and haven't had one since Caesar passed, because of that very reason. I don't cope well when something happens.

So for now I just play with dogs at the shelter, or wait till my neighbors go to work and play with their dogs while they are gone. That way I don't get too attached to them.

britx303 and SpeedyE like this.
  10. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Have you continued going to the shelters when your home?

11. Yep. :) I have always thought it was great when you come home and the dog is so excited to see you. But imagine that excitement x 10. They know I'm going to play with them and they go apeshit. :crackup:

masshole and Phl218 like this.
  12. SnacktimeKC

SnacktimeKC Well-Known Member

Semi related- I've been looking at properties to have a little redneck heaven. We're walking this 47 acre plot, mostly woods, 2 acre pond, borders 8000 acres of conservation dept land then I heard the neighbors tiger roar. Drove by their two run down single wides with 8 cars (maybe 2 run) and saw it, locked up in an 50x50 or so chain link pen, looks sad. Unfortunately I think it's a deal breaker for the property.

13. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

:clap::clap::clap:

14. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Wow. Yeah, not only that its a caged up tiger(not a fan of zoo's either), but if it got out, that would be a hell of a thing to deal with. I'd be carrying a 12ga all the time.

SnacktimeKC likes this.
  15. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

I used to own a capuchin monkey. That's exotic right? We used to bring him to the racetrack if any of you remember. It was having a bratty two year old all the time.

SpeedyE likes this.
  16. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

GC,
    Raccoons are awesome, full of fun energy and love.....DO NOT GET A PET RACCOON.

1) If it is not legal where you at, if anyone finds out the animal will be confiscated and killed.
    2) Although raccoons do not 'carry' rabies, they are rabies-vector animal, meaning that even if you give rabies vax, if the animal ever scrathes anyone, the animal will be confiscated/euthanized, and head lopped off for correct rabies tests.
    Having a pet raccoon, the raccoon is always in danger of being confiscated/killed for many reasons.

I have had and/or cared for hundreds of raccoons.
    Their personalities can change permanently overnight. The sweetest young raccoon, may become anti-social in the blink of an eye, permanently.
    There is no way to judge their personalities, until they have reached somewhat maturity, completely unpredictable.
    I legally was caring for one, that was the softest/gentlest/etc raccoon I have ever seen. This raccoon was like a big sweet puppy. Something special. I was even thinking of putting it on an education permit and keeping her. She wound up becoming not happy in a domestic setting, wanted to be set free w/ everything in her, she wanted to be free. I could not release her because she had to be released w/ her litter/siblings, and they were not ready. She was absolutely miserable, and smart enough to realize I was the one responsible for her incarceration. She loved me and hated me at the same time. Two of her siblings did not want to be released, and months later when I went back to release site to see them, they came to me and gave me love/kisses, and then back on their way.

They are super destructive, the only animal I have ever seen that destroys for fun.....your house will be ripped to shreds. They do not want to be in a cage, and will scream until you go insane.

The only happy pet raccoons I have ever seen are ones that are hand raised, and soft released on the caretakers property....and the raccoons are free to come and go on their own. That is the only way. They are wild, and do not want to live in a prison, but they are also social, so if they are living in the wild, they love to visit "home", but visit only.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
  17. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

We had 2 small raccoons hiding under a stack of 2x4s at work. Momma had gotten run over in front of the shop:( and the little ones snuck inside for shelter.When I found them,they came running out and played with us for about an hour before animal control came.I think that was the best day Ive ever had at work:)

SpeedyE likes this.
  18. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

Also, a happy domestic raccoon who has never been outside, when he go outside for the first time a "lightswitch" get clicked....as soon as they go outside, they instantly know they belong there and everything can change in seconds. Once they been exposed to outside, they know.....and they never want to be imprisoned again.

We was releasing a bunch of 25-30-lb raccoons once.
    They spent their life inside, in large dog kennels, they never been outside, didnt even know what outside was. They were all big, and super loving, super friendly, cuddlebugs.
    When we got to the counrty w/ them, and let them out of the crates at some old barns, they wandered around for about 30 minutes....indifferent to us (their caretakers, who they loved). One the their caretakers picked one up to say goodbye....all of a sudden that friendly/loving raccoon didnt want to be picked up, and that chick got fucked up. The raccoon did not (repeatedly) bite her because he was mean, or angry....he bit her because he didnt want to get picked up, and he was just using his natural tools (teeth) to get back down. There was no malice, he just wanted down.

They are physically tough as nails, and they do not understand our skin is so delicate. They play rough w/ each other, so when they play w/ you, it gonna hurt.
    Worst pain in my life was going into cage(s) for first 30 minutes. They love you, swarm you, play w/ you, and you be screaming in pain the whole time. Once they wind down, then they want to cuddle, sleep in your lap, etc....but for the first 30 minutes when they excited to see you, it is pure pain.
    They will jump on your back, bite you in the back of the skull, and duck/bob/weave when you are trying to get them off....
    They are brutally tough, play rough w/ each other, and will inflict pain on you (not on purpose, they are just playing).

G 97 and britx303 like this.
  19. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Sounds like some chicks I used to know:D

SpeedyE likes this.
  20. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

You seem to have a penchant for the old slap and tickle, be it two-legged or four-legged.
    Probably winged also.

SpeedyE likes this.