1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Excell mini motrad rims $$$?

Discussion in 'General' started by Alex_V, Sep 5, 2006.

1. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

Whats a fair price for Excell mini motrad rims? 2.5 front and 3.5 rear? Stock hubs laced with buchanon spokes? No rotors. Like new condition with decent tires. I am not selling, just have been looking for a set of tard wheels.

2. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Are these wheels for the bike you are trying to sell in the classifieds section?

BTW ... get a 2.5" rim for the rear as well; Jay Barfield had a 3.5 rear on his and it was a bit heavy for the application.

3. luckyhat12

luckyhat12 Silly Blue Rider

I have been wondering the same thing. I am looking for a set too. I have been toying between 3.5 and the 2.75 sun rim but I don't want to squeeze a GP125 rear on the smaller rim at the moment. My bike has a 120 kit though. A friend has a 115 kit in his motor and it still pulls the 3.5 rim quite nicely.

4. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

I think a KTM 85 once tuned will have no problem with 3.5 rear. I may even go for a 105 kit some day.....

5. 418

418 Expert #59

One of my good customers tells me, KTM means...

Keeps Taking Money

His son has a little 50 he spends shitload of cash on.

Poor Alex. :D

6. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

I have a hookup :)

7. 418

418 Expert #59

I know that.

I'm just jealous. :)

8. E=MC2

E=MC2 Well-Known Member

on someone to tune it for you? :D

9. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

So why are you selling it?

10. E=MC2

E=MC2 Well-Known Member

do you understand basic concepts of addition and subtraction?

11. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

Its a second one, I am keeping one fo sure. Fun bike and actually quite fast on trails.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2006
  12. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

See teh stipped down carcas in teh garage on teh lift :)

[​IMG]

13. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

hey Matt,
    That foocking 85 wheelies in about every gear in ungodly places, kinda like your R1 :) I am thinking about getting a good steering damper for it......:eek:

14. 418

418 Expert #59

Sweet. Just don't let it spit you off, Alex. :D

15. E=MC2

E=MC2 Well-Known Member

he has the ability to fall off anything in a dangerous manner, even xr50s! :D

16. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

I already crashed it on trails - breake lever stuck in chest protector. Mark had to get the bike off of me :D I was all tangled up and couldnt move.

And I am nothing like Pirate when it comes to binning mini's

:D

17. Brian129

Brian129 Too many projects

i can crash with the best of them

18. 418

418 Expert #59

So I've heard. :crackup:

19. "Squirrel"

"Squirrel" Well-Known Member

excell rims

alex, my son has been doing motord now for about 3year. and we have tried every set up. for a ktm 85, a 17'' 2.75 will be your best bet. I built a yz 85 with a 103 kit that i put a 3.5 on the rear . man it looks good, but it kills the power. we built a cr 85 with 2.75 and this thing rails. My name Danny Call Cam Moorehead for prices 864-647-2946.

20. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

Hey Danny, did you guys buy Melissas old 125? I am set on going with a 3.5 rear just so I can reuse my old 125 slicks.