1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EX400R?

Discussion in 'General' started by Chip, Jul 1, 2010.

1. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

^ I'd say $2000 too much in price. I mean what more to you get over the 250? What 10 extra hp?

2. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

You know how it works: the 250 is successful so now it's time to get greedy.

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Is MSRP in Canadian $? If so, at the current exchange rate it would be a hair over $7000US. Still high.

4. SportisimotoUSA

SportisimotoUSA The Sportisi Master

Thats msrp too. So add $1000 at most dealers here by the time they are done with their bs charges.

5. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

all the weight of the EX500 and all the power of the 250

FAIL

maybe an inline 4 with a 18k redline.. then maybe

6. PCP

PCP King of the who?

Exactly.

I think they need to just buff up the 250 a bit and finally go FI. The 400 is a big fail for that price, with that weight, and that amount (or lack of) power.

7. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Correction..

OVERPRICED FAIL

8. RockRocks

RockRocks head goober

I did.:crackhead:

9. G 97

G 97 Garth

Evidently not very well. I guess I wouldn't expect anything different. Congratulations, for your underwhelming grasp and concept towards todays performance motorcyles. :up:

10. RockRocks

RockRocks head goober

you're welcome, genius. Gonna go out on a limb and say the Buell experiment is over. :D

Last edited: Jul 2, 2010
  11. G 97

G 97 Garth

Well, with me it is. As a whole it is going strong - relatively speaking.

It was fun while it lasted. Getting paid $2210 to ride on a Sat/Sun weekend and once in awhile being asked to hold over for another day at $1500 wasn't a bad thing.
    Almost 4 G's for a three day weekend. :D

The entire experience was over the top, epic. Fly in, ride, fly out, get paid. All expense paid - No expense spared.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2010
  12. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

it's just an EX650 for people who can't afford the insurance on a 650 and have too much ego to ride the 250.

I hardly think we're their target audience. Put yourself in a 16 yr old's shoes: GS500 or EX400?

it's all about looks and which dealer has better financing.

13. RockRocks

RockRocks head goober

not a bad gig, that one.:up:

14. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yeah, I was a little shell shocked at first when the techs told me befor going out, don't crash and when I came in just: get off the bike, put it in nuetral and get off, don't touch anything, stay back, go behind the wall. :D

15. RockRocks

RockRocks head goober

I hope you swung your right leg over the wind screen as you dismounted. A squatted prayer to the footpeg before going out would have been a nice touch as well. :crackup::up:

16. G 97

G 97 Garth

I really did think about it. :D
    Evidently, I didn't take power yoga which would have allowed me to do it. (is it just me or reading the 250+ lbs riders talk about how great it is for flexibility, Really - You think?........... never mind the extra 60+ Lbs):crackup:

I don't care, it was all good. :up: It paid the bills for a month or two. :up:

17. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

good catch.

On the Canadian site, the 650R MSRP is $8699 while it is $7099 here in the states. Likewise the 250R is $4999 in Canada and $3999 here. So, if you average the conversions of those two brands and divide the Canadian MSRP by it, you get a US price of $6058. I still say is is a tad high, but only a bit. I do agree with most others. I'd love to see a modern tech high revving I4 400. It would cost alot more than $6k though.

18. Chip

Chip Registered

Price is too high, it weighs to much, and it's too slow.......but so is the EX250 and they seem to be popular in WERA.

19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

It would be nice, but in the US, the market for that would be very small.

20. 976-FIZR

976-FIZR In transition...

Maybe? Maybe!?! Maybe hell... I'd clean the dealer out. I'd be parking those damn things in the kitchen, in the hallways, hell the kids don't even like taking baths, so I'd put one more in their tub. An R4 has been a long-time wet dream of mine. I used to pester the factory Yamaha guys on pit lane again and again about having the Tuning Fork factory build 'em. This thread title actually got me excited for a minute until I read the specs.
    The 250 doesn't cost too much as a beginner street bike: it doesn't get stoopid expensive until you start doing all the race prep crap, then it gets ridiculous.