1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ex-ccs racer, where are you?

Discussion in 'General' started by kasey ray, Dec 6, 2001.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If you show with 100's we'll elt you run but then DQ you for now [​IMG] The 80's fit in with a class already in the rulebook, the 100's don't. But, if enough show we'll just work on it some mroe and maybe make another class for the future, what we're really trying to do is see if there is a need for some Supermotard style stuff on this coast.

2. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

You were serious? Sounds like fun. Need to teach that Smith guy how to ride [​IMG]
    Super Retard is ON!

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Very serious. Bring em out and we'll let you play.

4. kasey ray

kasey ray k-raycing

what are the safety wire requirements? same as the big bike, or what?

[This message has been edited by kasey ray (edited 12-10-2001).]

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Minimal to begin with, we'll work with everyone ot get them on the track.

6. kasey ray

kasey ray k-raycing

i'll put my motor back together tomorrow nite & wire it then. one more question- how do you safety wire brake drums? [​IMG]

7. mad brad

mad brad Guest

kasey, i can't believe you still have yellow plates! what are you afraid to race your brother? or do you two want to dominate both ranks? don't forget i whupped you at road atlanta, he he. DOC [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

The F4 may have to stay home. 'Course I'd never the hear the end of it from Tarholio [​IMG]

9. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

You got brakes on yours? Hahahahahaha [​IMG]

10. kasey ray

kasey ray k-raycing

i've only raced once in 2 years, & i do believe you "whupped" me as i watched from pit road with a blown head-gasket, again! how cool was the slide into turn 12 though?

11. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

i may even have to put tires on the ds and come run around behind everybody trying to avoid the gas smell you guys omitt. maybe i'll get brakes for it....no

12. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

Mongo, would a dual purpose tire be okay. Slicks would be a waste of money and no fun. I think they have an A speed rating. Up to 34mph [​IMG]
    Is Mike Smith really gonna be there. If so I wanna go ahead and whine now. Or should I save that for next years "Pros Racing for Sportsman Championships" thread? [​IMG]

13. kasey ray

kasey ray k-raycing

what's wrong tony, us canton yo-yo's going too quick for you? i know DOT's are faster-well on concrete anyway. asphalt's gonna be different, i think.

14. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

I gonna try that "Super Retard" race at Tally. The F4's gonna be jealous. I'll probably have more fun on the XR laughing my ass under my helmet [​IMG]

15. WERA29

WERA29 On a mental field trip...

Nah, I'd just say I TOLD YOU SO once, laugh a lot and leave it at that. I'd enjoy watching a Super Retard race and would actually cheer for you! [​IMG]

16. mad brad

mad brad Guest

yo kasey, i though it was oil not water. yes it was very interesting watching you navigate turn twelve. a true testament to your EXPERT level riding skills. he he

17. kasey ray

kasey ray k-raycing

sssssshhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Anything DOT legal or for pavement racing will be fine - just no knobbies.

19. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

What's wrong with knobbies? They stick just fine. Don't they Kasey? We has a blast on a PW80 at Road A a few years ago. True flat trackin on asphalt. Have the video to prove it. [​IMG]Sliding the rear...knee draggin and all [​IMG] Not to mention the longest skid mark contest ending with a crash through a wall of beer cans. It was one of those "hey ya'll, watch this" nights brought on with a little liquid encouragement. [​IMG]

[This message has been edited by Ex CCS Racer (edited 12-11-2001).]

20. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

Mongo, where do you know of that sells slicks for XR80's? Or are people putting different rims on to accept those size tires. I thought about dual sport tires because type is limited in a 16" & 14" size. I'm setting it up for dirt track and would probably run the same tires for both. Oh, and do I have to have front brakes per the rule book?