1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Empty Nest Syndrome

Discussion in 'General' started by britx303, Apr 27, 2023.

1. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

THIS! is what I’m hoping for. She loves bikes and racing, so if I get lucky she will continue as my hare scramble partner and paddock stand/warmer crew……….gd lump coming back typing that :confused::mad::D

t11ravis likes this.
  2. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I'm sure you already know this, but it's just a phase that you're going through at this moment that will pass. When my son informed me he was moving back home 18 months ago, my first thought was "damn, I'm going to miss those Pennsylvania and NYC trips!".

britx303 likes this.
  3. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I'd think long and hard before selling the family home. How long have you had it? There's something to be said about having a familiar place filled with family memories for the future generations to gather during summer breaks, Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc. You really can't replace those memories.

I know that personally, I'll fall on my sword before I let my Montana shack go. One of the few remaining goals I have in life is to make sure it becomes a refuge for my family in the future.

10-15 likes this.
  4. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Hey, the best part of getting older is not bouncing so high from those hard impacts. :D

I remember 30 years ago when I moved 4 hours drive time away from home. My mother demonstrated that New England stoicism was a facade.

britx303 likes this.
  5. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Everyone is different. Grow up as a military brat and you know that home is a state of mind, not a geographical location. Home is where the heart is.

YamahaRick and britx303 like this.
  6. britx303

Not selling our house she grew up in. We’ve been renting it for 12 years. Awesome little “farmette” with extremely nice owners. They don’t want us to go, but this opportunity to buy the piece we have a contract on doesn’t come along often…….especially for people with my luck. It’s just time. One thing though, my stepmom that lives less than 10 minutes from our current home, has already left me her house that she had with my dad. If all else fails with the new place, we already have a backup for my daughter or us if needed. I made sure of that with my stepmom…….who is more of a mother than my own. Coincidentally my stepmother has lots of family down very close to the new place, we found out last night when visiting. She told me I’d be a dumbass if I don’t go for it. If anything the new place will become the new and larger family homestead :D

motion, brex, beac83 and 2 others like this.
  7. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Sometimes siblings do that when they are only 3 hours away, and two hours closer to the parent.

cha0s#242, MrGooch and R1M370 like this.
  8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I have three siblings. There is not one of us that moved less than 4000 miles away after high school. Parents seemed to be fine with that.

rd400racer likes this.
  9. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

Our oldest (20) just hit the road to Ft Hood about an hour ago to start his career. Proud and excited for him. Did his Basic training at Ft Benning and was lucky enough to come home for over a week to get his stuff together and see everyone. Mom was a little more emotional than she thought she'd be, she's generally a hard ass like me. She got over it pretty quick and sent his ass down the road. See ya at Christmas! Lol

Gixxerguy855, Sabre699 and t11ravis like this.
  10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:stupid:

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, home is where Evelyne is, secondary home is my sister. The location never matters.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So the other three are a lot like you huh? Can't blame the parents :crackup:

Yzasserina likes this.
  13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:moon:

14. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

my uncle filled his house with dogs. Then he started sheltering rescues until adoption on top of that. seems to work for him. But he doesn’t go anywhere.

Travel nigga! Go places. See shit. Get in shape. Learn a skill. LOVE YOUR WIFE. She hasn’t had you to herself in 18 years. You’re both going to have to get to know each other again sans children.

britx303 likes this.
  15. britx303

I’m already taking stray/feral cats and getting them fixed etc out of my pocket. Travel? Nope, no longer my cuppa tea. Been dragged all around the country then down through Central America as a kid. I value my good ol’ at home time more than traveling nowadays. Best way to describe how I feel is “tired”……. Just tired before my time.

16. Gixxerguy855

Gixxerguy855 Well-Known Member

Service is a family thing and this family doesn’t wait around either:
    My grandpa left for the Army right after HS
    My dad left for the Air Force right after HS
    I left for the Marine Corps right after HS
    My son left for the Army right after HS

Travel, see new places, do what’s required, use your benefits, enjoy the life you worked for.
    Success meets no one halfway, gotta go for it!

17. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

get on some trt and gh. That’ll change real quick.

18. britx303

No. 100% unnecessary

19. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

according to what logic, exactly? Growing old “gracefully”? There’s nothing graceful about your body getting old.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2023
  20. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Fucking seriously?

From aaaaaaaaall the way across the country you’re going to diagnose the health of his balls and double down on the cuntiness with this post?