1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EM PRO windows 7

Discussion in 'Tech' started by stymie12000, Nov 3, 2010.

1. stymie12000

stymie12000 Well-Known Member

This is a two part question.

First, I am trying to find a way to get my EM PRO usb cable to work in windows 7. I can get my old "serial" cable with a serial to usb adapter, to work in windows 7 but no luck with the newer usb style.

It would make me belive it is a problem with the usb driver software. I have found an updated driver for the usb cable but have not had any luck with this working. I am sure there is a way to make this work. Does anybody know a solution to this problem?

Second question: I am looking for the info for wiring up the map select and pit speed limit with the stock harness for the 08 600. I did this to the 07 but the harness is not the same as the 08.

Thanks for any input.

2. piper907

piper907 Well-Known Member

I'll give you a hint!... same wires in 08-09 as 06-07... just different colors ;)

.. can't be of any help with 7... my USB works fine with Vista.

3. stymie12000

stymie12000 Well-Known Member

Thanks, I thought that might be the case. Just did not want to start grounding out random wires:)

4. ed who?

ed who? the opposite of eharmony.

piper is correct on the wiring.

We had issues with our dyno computer (but not my track lap top) with the Empro earlier this year on W7 and for me at least what worked was UNinstalling the newest updated CP201xurt bridge whatever driver from Bazzaz and reinstalling the OLD driver. The old driver works great with all forms of bazzaz AND Empro software. WHen i had issues it was only once i updated the driver. try uninstalling and using the old (or yosh supplied) driver. might help ya