1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EM-Pro VS Powercommander

Discussion in 'Tech' started by gixxie750, Mar 22, 2012.

1. gixxie750

gixxie750 Well-Known Member

Trying to get my bike tuned and a tuner I talked to acted like empro is not as good as a PC3(07 GSXR 600). I have a really hard time thinking this is possible and they recommend I remove the yosh and buy a PC. Any truth to this? I have ALLOT of $$ in this brand new empro and can't believe its not the best. Do the AMA teams really run PC or empro? THANKS!!!!

2. acwhite84

acwhite84 Well-Known Member

I need to hear some feed back on this too.
    From my understanding is that a lot of tuners don't have the capabilities to program the empro or the data cables needed. I have a empro myself linked with a qs but still think I'm gonna pick up a bazzaz or pc to piggy back with the empro to make it easier to tune. I also know alot of the AMA teams run a piggy back system.

3. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

EM Pro is far superior. Find a competent tuner.

4. alocker

alocker Well-Known Member

It's because he probably has a Dynojet dyno and it will take him more time to tune it. If he wasn't a stroke he would just tell you this and adjust his pricing accordingly to tune the EMPro.

5. gixxie750

gixxie750 Well-Known Member

Anyone know where one is closeish to ohio? Cinci?

6. sonicnofadz

sonicnofadz Well-Known Member

The power commander adjusts fuel maps (air to fuel ratio) and thats it. If you have the ignition module, then you can adjust ignition timing. With the EM pro you can adjust fuel maps, ignition maps, secondary throttle body maps, exhaust servo maps, etc. all with just one plug and play ECU. The only problem is finding a competent tuner. Most motorcycle tuners are mentally retarded and know absolutely nothing about real tuning except how to tune a PCV for the proper AFR. There are many talented automotive ECU programmers out there that could easily figure out how to tune these factory race ECU's. There are also a few guys on this forum who are experienced with them as well. (They have to have the cable, else you will have to purchase it at a premium).

Last edited: Mar 23, 2012
  7. stymie12000

stymie12000 Well-Known Member

Brandon, I know its a little drive but Indy Ducati can tune the EM-Pro.

8. vince224

vince224 Well-Known Member

unfortunately, i could not agree more....

its sad that even alot of the 'experts' dont seem to understand some of the basic shit, particularly wrt the newer electronic stuff.

vince
    :D

9. Freddy

Freddy Well-Known Member

I just dropped my bike off at Indy Ducati to have the Empro tuned, good guys.

I stopped at one of the big Suzuki Dealers in Indy just to ask, the "lead mechanic" said he'd never heard of Em-Pro and looked at me like I was an idiot.
    He did have alot of experience installing neon kits though.