1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Elite Sportbike Track Day, Little Talladega, Mar 1 and 2

Discussion in 'Track Days' started by vtwinsports, Feb 11, 2008.

1. vtwinsports

vtwinsports Well-Known Member

Elite Sportbike is doing a track day at Little Talladega Gran Prix Mar 1 and 2.

25 riders each in Advanced and Intermediate groups, 20 riders in Novice group.
    Instruction for Novice group included.

Fewer riders per group means quality track time.

Photography, videography and tire service will be available.

Free breakfast, water, and lunch (Honey Baked Ham)

$140 single day, $250 weekend
    (prices go up on Feb. 26 for late registration)

More information at: www.elitesportbike.com

2. pucksdown

pucksdown WERA #9

Be there both days. Look for a black Rodeo pulling a white trailer if you need any help.
    Charlie

3. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

Cya there!! Tdub

4. Gerloff310

Gerloff310 G-man

The Gerloff Boys will be there both days!!

5. MotorSWATCop

MotorSWATCop Former Trackday Turd

Will be there for both days. White F-250 pulling a silver enclosed trailer. Look for Blue and White Gixxer and a Red RC-51. We're bringing some buddies too.

6. ronaldo9

ronaldo9 Well-Known Member

So jealous you guys have the cheapest track days; sigh. Wish I lived closer or had a trailer.

7. pucksdown

pucksdown WERA #9

MotorSWATcop, do you mind if I pit near you? We are so close on times so you can give me someone to chase when you drop to 1:04's.

8. MotorSWATCop

MotorSWATCop Former Trackday Turd

Charlie,

Absolutely! We will be pitting in the same spot if we can get it. I picked up an enclosed trailer so look for the silver 7 X 16. As far as chasing me; stop smoking crack...I'm happy to keep you in sight!:bow:

9. pucksdown

pucksdown WERA #9

BTW, my friend Darryl, on only his second track weekend did a 1:01.3 at Tally in the senior superbike MW race. He not only won the race but had the second fastest lap of all the over 40 racers. And he is 55 years young. The 'Guvna'. The rest of us are just playing out there!

10. vtwinsports

vtwinsports Well-Known Member

In case anyone was sitting on the fence for this event, Saturday Novice is sold out, Intermediate both days almost sold out (a handful of spots) and Advanced group still has space.

11. benprobst

benprobst Well-Known Member

Just signed up to reserve an intermediate spot, will also be getting an advanced spot soon. Our endurance team will be coming down to sort out our motorcycle for the national in april. We wont have any problems running 1 bike in two classes with your org. will we?

12. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

Why would your endurance team be running in the intermediate group Ben? I'm assuming you're all experienced racers right? Or do you have a new fish on the hook? :)

13. benprobst

No new fish, we need two sessions for two riders. Ill be too fast for the intermediate group, but the other rider will be WAY to fast for the intermediate group. He should be sub minute if he takes a liking to the bike, and ill likely be 1.00-1.02, and im not as concerned with going fast this weekend just sorting the bike. So I will just take my time in the intermediate group while we set the bike up, then take my runs at lap times if I get a clean track or just swap a session or two with Jeff to get in the advanced class. Are you going to be there? how about the national in April?

14. pucksdown

pucksdown WERA #9

Sub one minute? He must be good!

15. benprobst

He is. He may be off the pace a tiny bit being on a 750 this year (shouldnt be a problem at Tally), but he is one of the fastest endurance guys in the country.

16. (diet)DrThunder

I thought Matt and co. were riding a ZX-10 again...no?

I'll be there for the track day on Saturday sorting out the new SV. I have to say...you running a 750 in the intermediate group isn't gonna do much for you IMO. In order to be safe, you're not going to be able to go fast enough to learn anything. You might want to consider riding your 750 in advanced...but I know what you mean re: needing seat time on the new bike.

I'll prolly be at the National, ya. We'll see...no endurance ride though.

17. benprobst

Right on, yeah we will see how it goes. The plan was for me, Macheka, and Kramer to ride a paying ZX10 this year but the funds never quiet came around so were going to run my 750 a few times and sort some stuff out team wise, hopefully next year we can make a real run out of it and get some money back from the manuf. Ill see you there.

18. GCBusa

GCBusa Well-Known Member

Oh, my poor 750. I'm glad I have a lot of "before" pics. :D

19. (diet)DrThunder

Hey Gill...maybe we oughtta go in together and buy a bike to run some endurance on?

:D

20. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

Robert,
    Will any suspension guys be there?