1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

electrical help on 07 R6

Discussion in 'Tech' started by LiquidSnake, Mar 26, 2009.

1. LiquidSnake

LiquidSnake Live Fa$t! Die Fun!

I have an 07 R6 and i am trying to run a fog light so that i can run it on the street. but when i hook up the fog light to the head light wires nothing happens. i haved checked the fues box with my volt meter and it reads 13.20 with bike running. and 11.25 with just the key on. but the meter reads nothing at the headlight wires. and the fog light works because i hooked it up to the tail light and it works. so if anyone can lend a hand.

2. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

There's a relay in the headlight circuit. Make sure it's still there, has power, and is working.

3. LiquidSnake

what does it look like the (relay)

4. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Black, about the size of a 9 volt battery, white four post connector. Has numbers with config info printed on it. Look on the fairing bracket. There's three of them up in the front area, headlight, brights, cooling fan.

5. LiquidSnake

thanks will check in the morning.

6. LiquidSnake

i checked and they have been removed. i must have removed them once i made it a full time track bike. is there any way around that

7. Blue Dude

Blue Dude Well-Known Member

AHH SNAP!!!!!! Dude, I completely forgot about those! RM you have to be right......Chris, do you still have them??

8. LiquidSnake

yeah i still have them but they are not on the bike... not sure what to do still. any ideas derek

9. Blue Dude

If I remember right they just plug in...I will have to look at mine and see how they go, I'll try to snap a pic and send it your way if I remember this morning. I wonder if it shows on the parts fiche online?

10. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

They're all the same and they just plug in.

11. Blue Dude

Thats what I was thinking...been a while since I took one off.

12. LiquidSnake

RM thanks for the insight i am going to rewire the relays tonight... and go from there. also could i just wire the right side since that will be the only light that i will be using?

13. inkedupr6

inkedupr6 Member

I wired mine to the High beam wires...therefore i can turn them on and off!