1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

El Chapo

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Feb 12, 2019.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

A verdict is supposed to be released soon, if not as I type this. Surely the dude is guilty, but what about all the other crap that has come out during the trial? A $100 million bribe to the PRESIDENT OF MEXICO? Does it get more corrupt than that? I've also seen reports of bribes to multiple US government officials, elected and appointed. Will any of these ever see the light of day?

2. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

3. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

You know what pisses me off the most about this? The fact that Mexico could be an economic force and an incredible vacation destination (I mean everywhere, not just a couple places) if it weren't for their copious corruption. I would love to cross the border and ride my bike to, say, Puerta Vallarta but I'll admit that I'm chicken to do so. Shit, I'd vacation in Vietnam before I'd go back to Mexico. I look enough like a narc as it is...I don't want to be strung up from some highway bridge.

I know people ride from the US to Tierra Del Fuego all the time but I don't have the balls for that. Mexico and Central America in general give me the heebies.

sheepofblue likes this.
  4. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Yet you have no problem with letting people from that region free access to the US, hypocrite.

scottn, XFBO, auminer and 3 others like this.
  5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I was watching a documentary the other day about Acapulco. Wow, what a shame what happened to that place. Like a ghost town now with 5-star hotels that go empty most of the year now.

I went to Cancun this past December and whilst all was great in the area I was staying (Zona Hotelera), when I got back I read a news report that a handful of people were killed shortly after I got back. Its nuts....and sad as I would very much like to go there again, but shit like that concerns me.

6. rd400racer

Well, when I crossed over I would hope that they check me out as well as we check them out.

No terrorist that attacked our nation has ever come across the southern border to infiltrate us. I'd say our border security officers at that border are doing a first rate job.

7. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Put a bullet in his head. Confiscate all his money and put it toward the wall. Then subpoena the bank records of all the Mexican authorities named. If any proof exists, bullet in their heads and money goes toward the wall.
    I heard they are talking about life in prison. The guy murdered dozens of people and raped little girls. In my opinion, a bullet is far too kind.

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

If Americans didn't love drugs so much, El Chapo would be growing agave or something.

9. Phanuel

Phanuel Well-Known Member

HPPT and rd400racer like this.
  10. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

You feel like opening that can of worms today? WOD, Big Pharma, Harry Anslinger and William Randolph Hearst, racism, the prison industrial complex, the defense industry?

11. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

So just how does that forgive 100's of murders and rapes?

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I don't know, you're the one who leapt there.

13. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

rd400racer likes this.
  14. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

Tomorrow's Headlines Today...

"Jurors in El Chapo Case Missing - Families Suspect Foul Play"

15. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

Better not go to Chicago then. Or Miami, LA...etc.

That shit happens everywhere.

16. SnacktimeKC

SnacktimeKC Well-Known Member

This. For the longest time my dream retirement trip was to take six months to a year and go from Alaska to Argentina, no way I would do that now. And I’ve only got about another 10 to 15 years before I tell the man to fuck off.

That said, legalize it all. We lost the war on drugs decades ago.

17. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

As a conservative, I agree. It's no different than alcohol and tobacco. If you're an adult and want to partake in this sh*t, then that's your call. The very fact that alcohol is "ok" but anything else isn't, is a massive hypocritical move from our gov't. The only problem is, LEAs of all shapes and size from the FBI to the CIA have built their backs off the "drug war". They'd have to lay off massive amounts of workers, aka on the gov't dole. It'll never happen. Same with the prison system. If all of a sudden half of your "criminals" are no longer criminals, someone will be out of a job.

SnacktimeKC likes this.
  18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Damn, where is Ryoung with his "Controversial Material" stamp? :D

19. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Does it matter what label you put on it? So what if an illegal immigrant didn't commit a "terrorist act" by label.

According to Politifact, Trump's claim of 63,000 US citizens killed by illegal immigrants since 2001 is false. But if we take some of THEIR yearly estimated we can assume that its perhaps in the ballpark of ~2,000 per year. That's still creeping close to 40,000 people murdered since 2001, which is nothing to scoff at.

20. rd400racer

Well, according to this article, which seems pretty straight up even though it's a liberal source...nobody knows what the actual number is or anything close to it.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/25/tru...by-illegal-aliens-the-math-doesnt-add-up.html