1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EBC HH Pads (04 GSXR1000) question...

Discussion in 'General' started by Empty Pockets Racing, Mar 19, 2004.

1. Empty Pockets Racing

Empty Pockets Racing where's my collar bone?

Ugh!
    I think I was sent the wrong pads.
    Does anyone know if 03 GSXR1000 EBC HH pads (22-FA369/4HH) fit an 04 GSXR1000. My quick evaluation tells me no.
    Anyone?

2. gcally

gcally Well-Known Member

I have a 03 1000 front end on my SV. Each caliper has 4 separate pads. Are the 04 1000 calipers the same?

3. gcally

gcally Well-Known Member

I also need a set of pads for my calipers. Are they the kit HH or the street HH?

If they end up being the wrong ones I am interested in buying them off you.

4. Empty Pockets Racing

Empty Pockets Racing where's my collar bone?

Nope.
    The stock ones from an 04 GSXR1000 are single pads. Since posting this, I verified stock pads are different from 03 to 04.

They are neither (street nor kit pads). They are HH sintered pads.

I'd sell you these, but I'd be better off shipping them back. At least that way, I may get my shipping costs back. You could possibly buy them cheaper.

Thanks.

5. Moonpie

Moonpie Yo Yo Yo!

:( Suzuki actually changed to a single caliper design this year after advertising last year that a dual setup would reduce the "warping" factor at the track. The funny thing is that C. Ulrich and friends upon testing the 04 were wondering why the change since the single caliper design warped almost immediately when testing the 04 model at the track!!!!

Wooops....Suckzuki may have to buck up on this one before the big lady sings!

:rolleyes:

6. WebCrush

WebCrush Banned

yup, i've heard 1st hand stories of both rotor and pad warpage with the new '04 calipers. Glad I got two pairs of the '03s. :D

7. gcally

gcally Well-Known Member

Hey any of you guys know how to get the old (96-99) gsxr front wheel to work on the new gen GSXR's?

I have a post in the Tech forum about this.

8. ahastings

ahastings Well-Known Member

Single caliper? Last i have seen they always have 2 calipers on the front.

9. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

03 and 04 pads can be used in both models.

If ou have brake probles it is because the master cylinder piston size is to small, 03 is 14mm need to be modified to an 18mm piston