1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EBAY bullshit

Discussion in 'General' started by Mblashfield, Jan 22, 2018.

1. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Which means your buyer probably didn't know what size he needed until he received yours.

2. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

were you able to leave feedback at least? How can ebay refund money if you defrauded?

3. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

don't you have the address you sent it to? can always pay a house visit as a good citizen to make sure he has good safety on all his door locks and that his smoke detectors are all in working order in case of a fire emergency or something.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
  4. terminus est

terminus est Be prepared

Just ship him a turd in a box under a false name from fedex or ups. Pay in cash.

Chris likes this.
  5. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

this is a local guy (ATL area) that this happened to. He's got a Hawk or two and has been around for a while so IMHO I doubt he's BSing on this, but this particular deal was for an Kawasaki motor evidently.

I think his main gripe was how much eBay has changed the past few years to be very much buyer protected vs. seller. I am sure it's pressure to meet the Amazon model, but the issue is most eBay stuff (at least when I was buying stuff) is used, so it's hard to gauge the condition vs. Amazon where 95% of the stuff is new.

I only sell stuff on craigslist, or on forums where I can gauge what type of customer I'm dealing with (length of membership, ratings, etc).

And yes, the folks on the lists are trying to get at least an address out of it so someone might be able to pay this guy a visit.

there's also discussion of starting a police report for theft in the buyers jurisdiction.

6. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Dude, you were supposed to sell it to me :Poke:

7. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

People still use Ebay? Haven't touched the site in many years.

8. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

I use it to buy used stuff sometimes, but sure as heck don't sell stuff anymore.

9. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Where do you sell your stuff now?

10. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Same here.

What are the alternatives to ebay?

11. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

You mean one of the phones that I called dibs on? :Poke:

12. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Is Let It Go an option?

13. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I thought that was more akin to Craigslist, but not sure.

14. terminus est

terminus est Be prepared

People have luck on Facebook marketplace. It's nice to be able to click on the sellers profile, gives a little piece of mind. This is mostly local stuff though. There may be some motorcycle trade groups on there.

15. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Duh, WERA Classifieds

16. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

Yeah, why didn't you bid? :)

17. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

I still have it....

18. wingsonwheels

wingsonwheels Well-Known Member

I buy all kinds of stuff on e-bay still. A lot cheaper than amazon most of the time and they ship faster as well (I don't have Prime). That said, I don't buy a lot of consumer electronic and crap like that, so I am not the target customer for amazon.

As for selling I recently sold my Predator 500 ATV using the facebook marketplace. Also bought my daughter's Outlaw 90 that way. Went fine, no problems. The only downside is that initial communications need to go through facebook (can't post a phone #), so people can be slow to respond vs text or call.

BigBird likes this.
  19. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I will say the FB marketplace has some trusting people on there. My wife sent me to pick up a few items she bought on there. Both times the seller left the items on the porch and said to place the cash under the door mat, they were just $40-$50 items.

20. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I'm not a Ebayer but use craigslist looking for stuff. Have gotten our 2 current dogs , a freezer and my truck off there. And a dryer I'm going to pick up some night this week.