1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

East Lansing Kart Track

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by hrc_nick_11, Jul 27, 2014.

1. hrc_nick_11

hrc_nick_11 Well-Known Member

Said bikes are welcome on any open practice that does not have a kart race the next day.

So any weekend with out a kart race.

Also said they can do track rentals if some one got a group together.

We had 3 Groms, 1 TTR110, 1 CRF150r, and a Yamaha 80 there today playing in the rain.

Practice hours are from 10am-5pm.

Www.karttrack.com

2. hrc_nick_11

3. hrc_nick_11

We used to geta bunch of bikes and I'm sick of ridding with just two or three please come out and play!

They charge $10 for pit passes and another $50 to ride so $60 total for a rider.

4. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

I use to race karts there nationally in the early 2000's...loved that place!!!

5. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

Is the facility in decent shape? This would be a doable day-trip for me.

$60 is a tad steep for kart track practice, but the drive time is more of an obstacle than the cost. What kind of speeds can you hit on the straight? Or a better question might be what gearing do people run on an XR100?

6. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

You can get some pretty decent speed on the backstretch caus that 90 degree left in the middle of it is not as nearly as sharp as the map displays

7. fireman343

fireman343 Well-Known Member

I'll go to PIRC for $50! A little steep for me and my drive for a mini "practice/track day". But I'm a cheap ass and don't like to travel in my gas hog! Lol

8. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I feel like we've invited people at least twice, and ended up riding alone ;-)

9. fireman343

fireman343 Well-Known Member

Those two dates you invited me (to Beav) were bad days for my schedule at the FD.

10. hrc_nick_11

The track is in great shape, one corner (slowest corner on the track)has some patches the rest of the track is great.

Gearing, I have ridden a 150r, a bone stock Grom, a ttr110, and a KTM 65 never a XR100. I would say about the same as Circleville. Not near as high as G&J.

I was touching the rev limiter at G&J on my 150r at the end of the straights if I was really on it. With the same gearing on Circleville and East Lansing I'm half way through 5th at the fastest part of the tracks.

I think Dave and Chris took some video I will see if I can find some.

11. hrc_nick_11

12. jcivince

jcivince Well-Known Member

No good this year (work sucking every bit of my time) but will have to finish the CR80 and make it out next year!

13. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

14. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

we should be there this weekend. Ski

15. hrc_nick_11

16. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Just notice that you are in Marshall. I will put that in the memory bank. I spend a good amount of time up until recently between along the corridor between Chicago and Detroit.

17. hrc_nick_11

18. hrc_nick_11

Looks like a few of us are going to ride Aug 31st at East Lansing. Come out and play.

19. hrc_nick_11

Sept 28th will be the next trackday! Come out and play!

20. hrc_nick_11

Sunday Oct 19th, it is getting cold this might be the last weekend.