1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dzus fastener question

Discussion in 'General' started by grendels_arm, Mar 5, 2007.

1. grendels_arm

grendels_arm Sam Green Eggs and Ham

Looking for the clip for Dzus fasteners like on a Ducati Superbike. Been checking out the ones on eBay and they are all 25mm X 25mm in size. This is too long for the lip where they would clip onto to hold my Sharkskin upper and lower together on my RS250. Currently I have the other type of clip on that is spring loaded but it moves around too much I think due to the fairing being slightly too thick. I'm thinking I need the other clip type like on the Duc but smaller than 25mm. I think you can bend it to accomodate different fairing thicknesses.

2. grendels_arm

grendels_arm Sam Green Eggs and Ham

Well I discovered some other Dzus fasteners that had been on the bike with the previous bodiwork. These were a bit longer than the ones I was using. These easily go onto clip on fasteners. However depending on where they are used they are too long and unusable in some spots and would have to have thick washers or they'd likely fall off. Seems like I just need to keep what I got.

3. Moto.

Moto. Le' Moto

what about the pop rivet "spring" type fasteners? those work great. you can put them anywhere you like...it's easy to adjust the spring tension too.

4. Just Bob

Just Bob Well-Known Member

I opened up my 'O' ring collection box (bought from Harbor Freight) and put a small one under the head of each dzus. It saves the paint and snugs them up nice.

5. BiZ

BiZ a matter of weight ratios

You can bend the duck dzus's retainer part to take up the slack. Or just use the included plastic shims or some o-rings.