1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dynoed my K5 Liter today

Discussion in 'General' started by K51000, Jul 13, 2018.

1. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Last month at NJMP I had to bring her out for track duty for the first time since 2012. EYE opening after only being on a 600 ever since then. Pleasantly surprised how well Q3+'s worked out there.

Screen Shot 2018-07-14 at 11.21.41 AM.png

2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

That is just beautiful right there.

TurboBlew likes this.
  3. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Now i'm starting to miss my '07.

gsxr1000 sept2014.JPG

4. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

You can retrofit the cable assembly of the early model pretty easy. 07+ had the preferred electronics for flash tuning.

5. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

when he complained about KWS power... I knew I had to have one of those motors for myself! :D

G 97 likes this.
  6. That’s because the L7 has the power limited off the showroom floor to pass noise and emissions testing.

That has been a common thing for years. The ZX10 has been doing it like that since 2011.

After just quick reflash and an exhaust, that L7 will make 25-30hp more than yours.

Not hating on your bike, but I just wanted to pass that on and put things into context before you continue going down the road of “mine makes the same power as the new ones”.

7. This.

8. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Brock has been pretty thorough on what the engine is capable of.

9. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

Yup. First thing you do is put zero weight oil in it.:D

Steeltoe likes this.
  10. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

Ok, your post and at least one earlier:

I did state compared to the L7 'OEM/Stock' motor, and I DID state that it was a bit light.
    YES, I do understand the restrictions on the OEM/stock bikes of today.
    Yes, I know without getting into the block itself, the L7 will make at least ~ 200+ RWHP.

So NO, you weren't hating on my bike, and YES, I fully know that my motor doesn't really hold a candle to an L7. I guess I should have worded my post a bit differently. Peace out