1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dunlop racing slicks

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by bsanorton, Jan 14, 2024.

1. bsanorton

bsanorton Well-Known Member

My SV650 came with a Dunlop KR448 front (120/70R/17) and Dunlop KR451 rear (180/60R/17). Has a sticker on the rear cowling that has the hot psi as 37 front, 22 rear. The PO is very knowledgeable and said this is what he raced with but of course check with the tire guys at each track for tire pressures. Does this sound like a good starting point? He also gave me some Perilli slicks, but the rear is mounted on the stock rear rim and will not fit on the wider rim he had mounted, some conversion kit. If I measure the current mounted rear rim, the total width seems to be around 6.5 inches, about an inch wider than stock, thoughts?

2. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

At COTA Dunlop had me on an R7 rear, 20psi hot, R3 front, 38psi hot. Find your local Dunlop crew at the tracks you're running and check with them as that'll be more accurate for your situation.

3. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

KneeDragger_c69 and Rance Taylor like this.
  4. bsanorton

bsanorton Well-Known Member

5. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

That's in the range. The track/weather/compound may cause an adjustment to those pressures.

BrentA likes this.
  6. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Your best bet is to keep lots of notes. Data, Data, Data. Morning, and afternoon temps, tire temps, etc.. You can actually get a pretty good sheet from Ken Hill's website.