1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dunlop Ntec Set up help.

Discussion in 'Tech' started by dubguy85, Dec 12, 2011.

1. dubguy85

dubguy85 Well-Known Member

I have a 2009 zx6r that is set up for the 190 Ntec rear and 120 UK front.

I just got 3 sets of Ntec slicks 195 rears, and the slick front..

I know generally you drop the rear 3mm's because of the taller rear, but since the front is slightly taller, do you leave it alone, or do you go ahead and drop the rear 3mm?

Assuming my set up is currently correct?

Thanks!

Dub

2. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

put them on and ride.

3. dubguy85

HAHA yea good point.

4. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

Thats all i did when i went from the DOT's to the slicks, and those words i said before is what Thermosman told me. And it works! :up:

5. John LegionST

John LegionST Well-Known Member

He's not kidding.

I rode on 120/190/200 DOTs, and slick front and rears (all NTec) last year and didn't change geometry no matter what combination, even Dot/Slick combos. You will notice differences between them but they are slight and IMO don't require changes.

6. theJrod

theJrod Well-Known Member

+1 to the above. Never made changes between any of the Ntec sizes.

The GPAs however, I was never quite sure what to change to get them to work. The new 2012 ones might be better in that regard.

7. dubguy85

Awesome! Thanks for the replys.. I'll try that! Just not touch it! Anyone have any issues with the front tire rubbing the fender, or struggling to get the tire warmer between the fender and tire because of the increase in height?

8. goodmatt78

goodmatt78 Well-Known Member

I switch between the 190 rear DOTS and slicks all the time. You can run with the same geometry without issue. I have found with my set-up, they feel similar if I take 1.5-2 turns of ride height out of the rear when going from the 190 DOT to the 195 slick (or 200 DOT).

9. John LegionST

John LegionST Well-Known Member

I had no issues with that, but it would also depend on how you mounted your fender. I always leave some room between it and the tire...

10. gixxie750

gixxie750 Well-Known Member

dam strait lol.

11. vito2279

vito2279 Well-Known Member

:stupid: This guy MIGHT know what he's talking about..........:moon:

12. RollieManollie

RollieManollie I Need to Get My Beak Wet

+1:up: