1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dumb question regarding racing a 250 GP

Discussion in 'General' started by jp233, Jan 31, 2005.

1. jp233

jp233 hu huh, you said "member"

ok, I've RTFRB but want to clarify,

you can race a TZ250 in Formula 2, HWT SS and SB - yes? (and well mine's a 94 so I'll be running V7 also)

reason I ask is the TZ is by no means a street-based production bike but the rules say its allowed in HWT

also if anyone out there raced last year on a 250 vs. the HWTSB and HWTSS class, how did you fare? was the competition good?

just want to figure out my schedule, I hope to be at a lot of WERA events this year!

2. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

Good question. What about a 93 tz250? Any additional classes vs 94?

3. jp233

nope, dont think so. you're valid for V7 with your 93...

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes in SB, no in SS.

5. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

Slightly off subject, but what will be a better platform to get into RR. I am contemplating about doing a race or two on top of my trackdays this year?

93 TZ250

or

Build Hawk GT

6. jp233

Thats what I was thinking and thats what I was worried about. So there would only be Formula 2 that I could race at a WERA Nat'l event...... crap.

Alex, a Hawk can't even compare to a TZ250... might be easier to keep tires on a Hawk longer, and maybe less maintenance, but for fun of riding and racing, the TZ is the way to go

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You can also race F1 if you're an expert.

8. thane

thane Well-Known Member

A Hawk is the greatest motorcycle in the universe. All arguments to the contrary, rational or otherwise, are to be immediately rejected on the grounds that they run counter to the aforementioned and blindingly obvious statement that a Hawk is the greatest motorcycle in the universe.

sincerely and possibly biased,

thane

9. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

They are different bikes, without a doubt. I am looking at it from class that they will be eligible perspective. Number of riders VS number of crazy's...etc.

As far as bikes, I like riding my hawk just as much as TZ. It's a great bike.

10. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Look through the results for Jim Clark, mostly Mid Atlantic region I think, I know he was at Nelson Ledges for a regional. He ran a 250 in HWT SB.

Unfortunately I think he got hurt at the GNF.

It seems like the 250's get around the corners pretty good but give it up on the straights against 1000 CC twins.

11. MudDawg

MudDawg Engine Killah

And truely demented as well.

Got a new tire on the DR350 yet Thane??? :)

12. thane

thane Well-Known Member

Why would I do that? A new rear tire would just launch me into that tree faster.

BTW, it's time I ended my ignorance...ok, on the following subject anyway: How does one quote somebody and have it be all neat and boldy?

thane

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Click where it says "Quote" on their post and then make sure you don't mess with anything, just click below it all and type.

14. Trent

Trent I just wanna ride motorcycles and eat pizza

Testing

15. Trent

Trent I just wanna ride motorcycles and eat pizza

Yippee!

Thanx for the info Mongo and thanx for asking thane.

16. WERA74

WERA74 Poser and proud of it!

So I'll be able to race my clubman creation in F-1?

Kewl!

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No. Formula bikes can only ride up one class. RTFRB!!!

18. WERA74

WERA74 Poser and proud of it!

OKay... remember that I asked. :D

Last edited: Jan 31, 2005
  19. jp233

Yeah I raced against Jimmy in the '03 season in V7. I hope he's not hurt too bad. Looks like I might see you in HWTSB in '05 sometime :)

Yikes, I can't imagine running Formula 1 expert on my 250. I'd get torched!

20. thane

thane Well-Known Member

Wow! This is GREAT! The vail of ignorance has been lifted! I feel like Eve with the apple and that snake dude. Is that a good thing?

thane