1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati V4R

Discussion in 'General' started by ljuice26, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

Sell.

joec likes this.
  2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

3. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Phl218 likes this.
  4. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

5. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

i haven't pulled my V4 apart yet, but based on my 899, you couldn't run a race belly pan with a stock, cored exhaust... the bellypan fit in between the cans and you needed a termi or the like.

i didn't quite follow the donkey dick, wool and outlet screen comments... does this allow you to run a bellypan?

6. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

they won't have an issue selling 500 of these.

7. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Which one of these models is the one Dean at superbikeplanet claims no one in America put down an order for?

8. Phl218

Phl218 .

donkey dick = Akra

bellypan - no, unless it's a turkeypan or dyi like on the previous gens

9. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

V4R. And that was in regards to specific race teams competing in MotoAmerica putting in a order for bikes and or engines. Based on numerous factors, I don't think any of the existing 2018 would be interested in a platform change other than 1 team who is in brand negotiations (Yamaha or Ape IIRC) for 2019. Ducati hasn't supported US SBK racing in a long time and until they have reason to do so, it won't change.

As to my previous comment, the real machine will be the RS version (probably see it in 2020) and the buy in for that platform will be north of $200K. Unless you are at the pointy end of the stick and a globally recognized race team, you won't get one.

10. Phl218

Phl218 .

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• v4RS.jpg
      v4RS.jpg
      File size:
      25.5 KB
      Views:
  11. ljuice26

ljuice26 Well-Known Member

If you have the coin and know someone at Ducati Corse, you can get an RS without being a race team. I know of at least one person that has an 2018 RS straight from Corse.

12. joec

joec brace yourself

That's what I was thinking about.

13. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

You want to buy a stock 1198S exhaust I have laying around collecting dust?

14. Phl218

Phl218 .

not much i can do with these... waddaya want for it? full system or just cans?

15. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Maybe the rules have changed.. I guess any way you can make a sale is better than not but with the v2 Panigale being replaced, why not.

Curiously though, it’s odd that they already have an RS version without a seasons worth of data. Maybe that’s the new direction.

16. ljuice26

ljuice26 Well-Known Member

They have been testing the 2019RS since the beginning of the 2018 season. Sometimes, right along side the WSBK guys. They have tons of data, albeit, not with Chaz on the bike. I remember earlier in the season when they were all on track together, Rea commented on how fast the 2019 RS is, and that was back in May.

17. Pretty much.

I also put on a RapidBike tuner, Sprint filter, Rapidbike Launch Control, and other bolt-one like levers, rearsets, lever guard, 520 conversion kit with lightweight sprocket carrier, case covers, etc.

But yes, the motor and suspension are stock.

18. I don’t read anything in that rule that states the bikes must be SOLD in order to count.

It states they must be produced and made available for sale to the public market.

Nowhere did it say they have to wait until people actually buy 500 of them. Unless it is stated like that somewhere else.

19. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

I'm basing my previous statement on the following, and see why it can be confusing:

"The continuing worldwide decline in sports bike sales has forced the Superbike Commission to reduce the minimum number of motorcycles to be produced for homologation, to be allowed to take part in the World Superbike series. As of now, manufacturers wishing to race a particular motorcycle must have sold 250 bikes by the end of their first year of racing in WSBK, and 1,000 bikes by the end of the second year, half the requirements previously on the books. But manufacturers will still have to have produced 125 bikes before they can even embark on the homologation procedure. The sales numbers have been reduced in response to the continuing decline in sales of large and middleweight sports bikes around the world."

Source: https://www.asphaltandrubber.com/wsbk/world-superbike-homologation-production-volume-requirement/

Gorilla George likes this.
  20. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

So, this is interesting. Is Ducati not running World SuperStock?
    Price cap is 33k Euros for that.
    If they price it close to the 40k for the WSBK they wont be able to run the new V4 in superstock, will have to stay with the old 1199. (base V4 under the price cap has 1100cc engine).

BTW what is the point of the RS version, dont most racing organization have a price cap?