1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati V4R

Discussion in 'General' started by ljuice26, Nov 4, 2018.

1. ljuice26

ljuice26 Well-Known Member

With this new bike, all you need are:
    Race exhaust - not necessarily need this, but
    Race plastics
    Extra sets of clip-ons
    Rearsets
    Correct spring rates for the ohlins susp.
    Slicks

shakazulu12 likes this.
  2. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

The Ducati V4R makes over 250HP? That's awesome!

turbulence likes this.
  3. BigBird

BigBird blah

or the MotoGP bike makes less :Poke:

Marketeers can be dumb though or engineers too

[​IMG]

4. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Meh, I'll wait until it's 300 h.p., before I throw good lottery money at it.

BigBird likes this.
  5. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Pretty much all Chaotic did to his 1299 if I remember right. I want to know more about the new Ohlins they put on it. I've only seen some snippets, but it sounds like they are a new pressurized fork that's race ready'ish.

6. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

There is no way the V4 makes more HP than the GP bike.

What's the HP figure for the HP4 race again?

7. BigBird

BigBird blah

I believe you, but they said the "In The History of Ducati" Unless MotoGP doesn't count. Always knew they used a Honda Engine :D

8. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

In today's dollars, this bike is a steal. I pretty much spent that buying my '01 996S, 112hp, 412lbs, $19K.
    ...making it track friendly, $5K
    ...putting in a semi-Corse engine, 148hp, $11K?
    ...topping it off with an Akra $2.2K
    ...set of mag wheels $3.5K
    ...380lbs with an empty tank.

Yeah, that's short of $45K, but the difference is one cheap set of tires per year for 18 years.
    I would gladly put up with tossing a cheap set of tires per year to own a V4R. I just wouldn't be tossin' 'em on the V4.

9. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

996? Did you do a "what's my bike worth" thread recently?:D

10. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Nah. It's a keeper. Not a single scratch, ding or nick on the OEM equipment. Plus it has priceless sentimental value...which means $40K, returned to showroom, for some guy that won't ride it. ;)
    Oh, there will be a slight bit of carbon missing from the bottom edge of the license plate holder. :D

11. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

"starting from 40K€?" it's getting better.
    "a new model with less power and in the same price as the main sbk class"?

Στιγμιότυπο οθόνης (231).png

12. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Every stat I've seen on GP bikes show 250+

They were 220+ with the first iteration of 4 strokes.

13. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

They stated clearly that it's for homologation purposes, which means not for the masses. Their statement about the 2020 model with less power I assume will be the one you take to Starbucks.

BigBird likes this.
  14. tecknojoe

tecknojoe Well-Known Member

I thought that's what homologation is actually for. How many do they need for WSBK, 500?

BigBird likes this.
  15. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

Homologation requirements usually dictate a sales number threshold, if they don't reach it then the bike doesn't pass. Not like that's ever gonna happen with a Ducati.

16. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

it could be that they're selling the 1st version "real deal" V4R with a loss (40k € cap) just to reach the required number of bikes for homologation purposes and then they'll be selling a different less powerful version or something. I mean,it's Ducati,they'd find a way to bend the rules. just speculation,though.

17. Phl218

Phl218 .

Soon ;)

418 likes this.
  18. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

uhh....

go on...

19. joec

joec brace yourself

Maybe I'm interpreting this the wrong way. Do they have to sell a certain number, or produce. I thought it was produce.

20. Phl218

Phl218 .

i've been modifying stock exhausts for the previous gen.
    got 2 V4 exhausts on the bench, first one is analyzed, the change will be : remove cats and flapper valve (or leave valve in place if desired), add piping (partially perforated) similar to what the akra donkey dicks look like, just internally. rock wool and outlet screens. done. under a grand.

guy i'm talking with in GB has done one exactly like described. top end added, leaner up the way, so needs fueling solution, but will add power, once ran richer. oh, and it sounds like a choir from hell.

knee will delay things a bit. but i'd not recommend running it without rapidbike/PC/tune anyways, those are in the works as well.

TurboBlew, 418, Ra.Ge. Raptor and 2 others like this.