1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati V4 sound

Discussion in 'General' started by Knotcher, Aug 26, 2017.

1. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Well, then, 2-stroke it is. :D

stk0308, 5axis, pscook and 1 other person like this.
  2. EngineNoO9

EngineNoO9 Well-Known Member

You know, if you're mad enough to ride a 1000cc modern 2 stroke.... Then why not! Granted for superbike the limits on production would still apply.

3. fastfreddie

At least we're not in danger of e-bikes taking the grid...yet.
    It was a good decade and a half+ after 2-strokes were outlawed for the street here before we lost them in the premier class.
    I'll be deaf by then, if not dead, so at least I won't suffer the loss of screamin' engines.

4. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

V4's rule. The sound makes me sexually horny (even better if it has gear driven cams). I can't wait to hear my little VFR with a full exhaust at 14000 rpm :D

5. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Two strokes got outlawed on the street? o_O

The E-bike shit might not be all that bad by the time it's more than just a novelty. I was watching some Tesla drag racing on youtube the other day... impressive shit.

6. EngineNoO9

EngineNoO9 Well-Known Member

I rode a couple early electric dirt bikes. Meh. They were cool but under powered. However, those were almost 9 years ago now and neither used brush less motors at the time. Battery tech has improved about 10 fold too. If done right I'd consider an e-bike for commuting. I'd likely have to have a plug at work unless they can squeeze out a reliable 100 mile range though.

7. fastfreddie

Maybe outlawed isn't the correct word, but if ya can't buy 'em here cuz the gubbermint says they can't be sold here, I say outlawed.

Ever seen a US model 1986 RZ350? Me neither.
    Trivia question: What did Yamaha do with all those shelved engines? Made Banshees.

There are grey market 2-stroke street bikes here but they are few and far between...like Suzuki's Gammas and Yamaha's TZRs and RZ500s. You couldn't buy them from your run-o'-the mill US OEM dealership.

What other word would describe these bikes being unavailable to the US market through normal chains? Illegal?

When IC engines become a thing of the past, or illegal for street use, I think it'll be a while before e-bikes are at the top of World competition.
    They are most definitely promising and, yeah, wicked torque/acceleration, but they currently don't/can't hold enough juice to go the distance at the front. An example would be Isle of Mann. The e-bikes can make it one lap, but the riders are holding back going up the mountain so they have enough juice left to make it to the finish line on the other side. It is kinda cool to only hear tires, chains, and the bike cutting the air. The electric whine is interesting.

8. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

I car swapped with a buddy who had a Tesla for about a month or so. First thing I thought to myself was "this would be amazing in a supermoto". The initial torque lunge is hilarious.

9. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Meh. Still has that godawful stupid single sided swinging arm and a tumor growing underneath the tail. And the nose off the new CBR? Go home Ducati, you're drunk.

[​IMG]

10. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

They're unveiling the motor at Misano this weekend if I read correctly.

11. fastfreddie

What's wrong with a single-sided swingarm?

Chris likes this.
  12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Besides being lop sided and ugly?

13. Where did that picture come from?

Unless I missed it, they haven't even unveiled the motor, much less the whole bike.

14. fastfreddie

One fastener wheel changes, chain adjustments always leaving the axle square to the chassis and the god-awfullist stupid simple ride height adjuster ever can make up for a lot of aesthetic whining. ;)

stk0308, Chris, wsmc 589 and 2 others like this.
  15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And they're purty.

stk0308, Chris and G8rDuc like this.
  16. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

899 or whatever it is now looks better.

G8rDuc likes this.
  17. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

If it's so great why isn't every bike in the GP paddock wearing one?

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They don't wanna be cool.

Scotty87, Phl218 and MachineR1 like this.
  19. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Fair enough! I can't hate on the Hondas. Their single sided swinging arms were almost palatable.

20. fastfreddie

Really? When's the last time they did a tire change during a race. For that matter, when was the first?
    I don't know why Ducati or Honda did/do it but I can assure you that I loved changing tires on my 996. So simple...a Chaotic could do it. :D