1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati Monster 696 - No key, no title

Discussion in 'General' started by slimjim00, Jan 18, 2017.

1. slimjim00

slimjim00 Well-Known Member

Motorcycle has clean VIN, and sold with a bill of sale and copies of sellers driver's license, etc etc.

How on earth do I go about getting this thing running? Do I need to get a bonded title in the works before I can move forward with ordering the needed parts (key, ignition, ecu?)?

Anyone on here a Ducati dealership that can guide me in the right direction? Would love to have this thing up and running as a play bike, and possibly race it once or twice.

Thanks in advance

2. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Running? Or put on the street? Not sure if those have the card thing. If so ur fucked I believe.

3. 696 needs the card code to get keys made. If you don't have it, it's not a cheap fix. You can just get an ecu/cluster/ignition switch/key set From another bike and it'll be fine. And generally you don't need any title to get any of that stuff. Just a vin #.

cajun636 and slimjim00 like this.
  4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, as far as I know it's buy another ECU but I'll check.

5. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

I'd get a title before I dumped money into someone else's bike...

Robby-Bobby, slimjim00 and Sabre699 like this.
  6. slimjim00

My logic may be backwards on this, but I'd like to see if it runs before going through the street legal process. If it doesn't run either sell as is, or part out. If it does run, go forward with getting a title and riding it

7. slimjim00

Thank you. Been looking on eBay and haven't seen the needed parts pop up yet

8. samizx7

samizx7 Well-Known Member

buy a microtec race ecu. it will unlock the system

9. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

They are really fun on the track, even in stock form. I rode one at Road America when my 848 blew up. Totally stock. FWIW.