1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dual Sim Phone use feedback

Discussion in 'General' started by badmoon692008, Apr 25, 2021.

1. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

Has anyone in here used dual sims on their phone to run two separate numbers? I just started a new job and had planned on just bringing my number over to their plan but my boss is saying it would be a good idea to have a separate work number and then run my personal number on a second sim. My plan would be for the business sim to cover data so I only have to pay for talk and text on my personal line, and the work sim would likely be the physical SIM card with my personal being the esim, and I’d likely be using an iPhone?

Any real world usage or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

2. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

I’ve been doing this for a couple of years. It works great. There will be a little drop down in the Phone and Messages apps where you can select which number you want to use.

When you receive an incoming call there is a little “B” or “P” icon under the caller ID that lets you know which line is ringing.

For contacts in the address book you can select “Last used”(default), Business or Personal.

Keeping data on only one of the numbers is a good idea if you text often. SMS will stay green and iMessage will be blue as another visual reminder of which number you’re using.