1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Duacti Wsbk Spotted Testing Twin Silencer System

Discussion in 'General' started by ljuice26, Mar 31, 2016.

1. ljuice26

ljuice26 Well-Known Member

2. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

I'm not in any way, shape or form knowledgeable on how to design an exhaust. But it would seem that going this direction would make it a lot easier to work around that snakes nest they have going on currently.

3. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Looks like the inner pipe is smaller on the right side too.

4. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Scratch that part off of Broome's purchase list :p

5. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

That is interesting.

Bending the rules a little there.
    As far as I know the muffler has to be in the same location as the original, so ducati has the muffler where it is on the street panigale but then has pipes going to the tail.

6. I meant to ask after watching the last WSBK race, why did they have the name ground down off the can?

I don't remember seeing if Chaz's was like that, but I know Davide's was. The "Akrapovic" is etched into the Titanium, but on his it was obvious somebody had taken a grinder or flapper wheel or something and gotten rid of it.

7. ...and Leon, dude fix the thread title. :mad:

8. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

It definitely used to be that way in the past. Same reason Suzuki had to run 2 stupid ass cans in WSBK from 2007-2011 when the US SBK boys were only running the 1. As soon as Suzuki dropped the 2nd can in 2012 model, the WSBK teams dropped it too.

[​IMG]

I wonder if they are giving Ducati some wiggle room, they certainly didn't give it to Suzuki.

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Neat HYT sticker on Chaz's lid. As for the two tiny cans on the Ducati, well, I got nothing.

10. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Broome might be the only other one that doesn't know this, but that's not Chaz up there Dave.....its G-man

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Good point, Arai versus X-lite helmet.

12. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Wasn't one side of the can's on the WSBK RC51's a dummy? I seem to remember people mentioning that in the past.

13. TheGrouchyCat

TheGrouchyCat Don't let my friends know I'm slow

Wonder if it's got to do with the different routes the pipes take and the back pressures caused by them. Anyone know?

14. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

the stock Panigale has 2 exits, one on each side. so this one seems to be more legal than the prev version they were running. though technically that one was one left exit down low and one right exit under the tail.

Phl218 likes this.
  15. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Yup, there you go, the silencer is the muffler, they keep them down there, same as stock. and then run the exit elsewhere.

16. ljuice26

ljuice26 Well-Known Member

It's legal. This was explained last year.

17. Seems to make sense

18. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Don't know if the RC51 was like that, but some speculated that that might've been the case on Haga and Corser's Yamaha's, at least at some races since flames only appeared to be coming out of 1 can.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

TheGrouchyCat likes this.
  19. He is a current racer...so I knew that. :D

:moon:

20. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner