1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dr. Paul, you will be missed.

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by luke738, Nov 14, 2012.

1. luke738

luke738 Well-Known Member

2. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

A patriot and a true American.

We need more Ron Pauls.

3. luke738

luke738 Well-Known Member

Many brushfires of freedom are popping up around here.:beer:

4. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

Total respect to Dr. Paul.

5. Coopster

Coopster Well-Known Member

One

of the only ones who isn't bought and paid for...

6. Tinfoil hat charly

Tinfoil hat charly Well-Known Member

There were 12 Ron Paul write ins in Lumpkin County......

7. DesmoStretta

DesmoStretta Well-Known Member

the what-if of the modern era politics...

one day, kool-aid will run out, and there will Ron paul II... one day...

8. spcassell

spcassell Well-Known Member

The big problem with Ron Paul is that about 85% of everything he says is dead to right. Then he goes a little coo-coo for cocoa puffs on the last 15%. If he was capable of harnessing that last little bit of crazy he would have been taken a lot more serious as a candidate. Have always been a huge fan of common sense candidates. We need a few more like them.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep. If he could have toned down that last little bit or at least not say it until post election... :D

10. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

I think if people could have given the controversial 15% of RP's a chance or held them up to history it would have taken the edge off the "crazy". Certainly no one else dared to broach those ideas within our narrow political spectrum. I liked him if for no other reason than he made me think outside the Dem and Repub defined box of ideas.

11. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

All candidate have that batshit crazy 15%. Dr. Paul just never learned not to verbalize his.

12. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Unfortunately, his "crazy" is only considered crazy because it's so far off from the wackiness we've become accustomed to. If you remove the context of our messed up government/political system, it's all quite rational.

13. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

You mean he never became enough of a politician to hide it. Shame on him for being honest.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not to me. I don't care about normal, I care about things he wanted to do that I totally disagreed with and think would be bad for the US. Sucks because there was so much I totally agreed with him about.

15. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

But in reality, if he were elected, do you think he'd have ever gotten to do any of his "crazy" stuff? I always looked at the extreme stuff as things that would never make it through the system. Kind of like when you go buy a car and your first offer is $5000 below what you'd actually give.

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

The crazy is what you tolerate in a girl you want to date, not marry.:D

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No he wouldn't, none of them ever do, they all wind up in the middle doing the same stuff as the last guy. My regret is that just saying that stuff kept him unelectable. If he had a shot at being elected I'd vote for him in a heartbeat.

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I'm not watching a youtube video, what did Captain Nutball do now?

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Quit.

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Good.

What he quit anyways? Did he actually have a job? He a baker at Hostess? If he quit that then I'd actually care. :D