1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Double header schedule???

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by kruizen, Jun 18, 2013.

1. kruizen

kruizen Well-Known Member

I've seen a schedule for a typical race weekend with a racers school, but can someone post a double header schedule/pm me one/ or something so that I can get an idea is what the weekend looks like-specifically August 2/4 2013.

Thanks

2. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

3. kruizen

Perfect thanks.

4. kruizen

AHa!!! Just figured out where they are on the web-site.

5. kruizen

If I do my racer school this month then race the double header, and I run races on both Saturday and Sunday does that fulfill my provisional race requirements? Or do they have to be different weekends?

6. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

It is supposed to be two different weekends, but I am not sure a double header would count. You need a ruling from Mongo.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It needs to be two weekends. Wearing a shirt isn't a bad thing :D

8. kruizen

Cool, had someone else this past weekend tell me something else. So I figured I'd post it here. Already planning on August 2 weekend and summit in sept. for my 2 weekends.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

There are always exceptions depending on what's going on (mainly with regard to running nationals) so take all of it with a grain of salt but the rule is two weekends.

10. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

That was me. Beats me as to what makes the differences, but I definitely received my novice license in the mail after the NOLA double header, doing one race each day. I did do more weekends afterwards, so it's a moot point now, but still.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not sure what happened but either way works really, two full days of sprints is what we really were going for with the rule in the old days. Solos were different so we didn't want to really count them.

12. rwood64083

rwood64083 Gifted as in 'DUHHHH'

I couldn't wait to get my license so I wouldn't have to wear a shirt over my leathers.

Shortly afterwards I learned quickly it's a good idea to keep that shirt with you EVERY weekend. I'm not ashamed to say I'll put my shirt on over my leathers if I know I'm trying to learn something new during one of the morning practice sessions. I need to let other practicing racers on the track know I'm moving at a slower pace. When other racers see a shirt on a rider they'll typically give you lots more room when passing you. And probably appreciate you for wearing the shirt rather than having to deal with someone that is unpredictable.

13. ESmith

ESmith Well-Known Member

Any idea when the schedule will be posted? I'm planning on pre-registering but obviously the schedule has to be posted first right? I've always just registered at the track so I'm new to pre-registering. Anything else I should know? I'm referring to the August vir round btw.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The week after Mid-Ohio once I'm back in the office for the schedule and pre entry.

15. ESmith

ESmith Well-Known Member

10-4. Thanks!

16. Brett A

Brett A Well-Known Member

I don't mind wearing the shirt.