1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dos and don'ts for superpowers fighting terror....

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by RoadRacerX, Mar 29, 2004.

1. El Amin

El Amin Well-Known Member

None of you have scope of middle east history.

Greatings from Persia.

2. tcasby

tcasby Banned

Yes, the peoples of the occupied territories have a legitimate beef. Unfortunately, Hamas and Islamic Jihad have little interest in finding a just solution. These groups depend on a continuing conflict to maintain their power, influence, and prestige.

The governments of the surrounding states, which could have resolved the crisis years ago, instead continue to inflame the situation to deflect attention from their own corruptness.

If Israel were to conceded to every Palestinian demand, return to it's pre 67 borders, compensate every displaced Palestinian, provided freedom of movement etc, the result would not be peace, just larger, more frequent terror attacks deeper into the heart if Israel.

3. tcasby

tcasby Banned

Few do.

Greetings from the U. S. :beer: oops sorry :D

4. El Amin

El Amin Well-Known Member

Sorry?

I don't understand.

Many U.S. folks may think they have an unfavorable standing in the Middle east. It is not true. Only from uneducated people.

Many see what is going on. Only the ignorant do not.

5. tcasby

tcasby Banned

El Amin,
    Are you an Iranian living in Iran?

6. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

Sorry we don't understand? do you speak of uneducated U.S. folks that have the view that we are held in unfavorable standing or uneducated people in the middle east that have this view?

Please clarify who the blind ignorant are? Ignorant U.S. folks or ignorant Middle East Folks?

There are many people in the U.S. that know more than what the media and slanted history/political science professors teach about the history of the Middle East.

7. WeaselBob

WeaselBob Well-Known Member

and I'm certain you've annointed yourself as one of the enlightened few :rolleyes:

8. Yamaha Fan

Your amazing, just like the modern media, I use the term MANY and you twist it somehow into “enlightened few” you have a firm grasp on accuracy.

I tire of watching debates on here based on miss-information that is repeated by people that have learned history from 15 years of watching the evening news with what ever talking head they find most attractive or sounds best to them. Both sides refuse to examine in any depth the legitimacy of any issue. Guess you’ve proved your point….

9. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

If you want to read a breif synopsis of the modern history of the area with illustrations of the land areas involved try this page.

The Palestinian refuge situation is not what most people have been led to believe.

10. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

Nah, he's a concerned citizen living life as we don't know correcting the uneducated, misguided, infidels on a racing BBS.

Bin Lurking

11. RichDesmond

RichDesmond Well-Known Member

Uhh, that site is propaganda, not facts. Blatant, not-even-close-to-reality propaganda at that.

12. In Your Corner

Biased, I'll give you, propaganda, only if you are vested in the Palestinian side, which you appear to be.

13. ysr612

ysr612 Well-Known Member

Buc :D :D :D

14. WeaselBob

WeaselBob Well-Known Member

no, you proved YOUR point... by jumping to opinionated, uninformed assupmtions before you even knew how much and what kind of background information I, or anyone else, might have on the subject.

Just because people don't agree, you conclude they must be uninformed? Is your's the only truth?

Where did you get YOUR knowledge on the subject and how did you evaluate it's validity?

Last edited: Apr 1, 2004
  15. RichDesmond

RichDesmond Well-Known Member

Um, not hardly. But posting that site as a source of "information" certainly shows that you've never done any serious reading or research on the subject. Give those books I mentioned earlier a whirl, you might learn something.

16. wera176

wera176 Well-Known Member

:clap:

I have no comment as to the conversation this was taken from, but this appears to be the way of most on the BBS! The only thing to add is usually there is some name calling....

:beer:

17. Yamaha Fan

Look YAMABLOB, I pointed out that the history of this does not start at a point convenient to either side here and that there are many that know/understand that..

Your sole contribution the this is to try and rephrase my statement from "Many that know this" to "Enlightened few" and now to the "uninformed", my statement was inclusive and expansive I did not infer that there are a "few of us informed ones" so pound sand.. there are MANY that know the history of this conflict predates our "evening news society".

I have no reason to qualify my knowledge to you on this subject nor do you have any standing to question my judgement of its validity, make a cognitive point ON THE SUBJECT YOURSELF.

18. MarkB

MarkB All's well that ends well

Can you guys all please come to some concensus so that we can have a show of hands and take a decision to move forward with some action on this matter. Time is getting short here...

...or is this just a talking shop???;)

19. In Your Corner

Sorry I should have said " If you want to read a breif synopsis of the modern history of the area with illustrations of the land areas involved then go read "The Origin of the Arab-Israeli Wars" by Ovendale and then try "A Peace to End All Peace" by Fromkin.

20. RB

RB Well-Known Member

Jay,
    You're voting for Kerry, right ???

:D

Israel has a lot of the same probs as the USA. Every 4 to 8 years you get a new leader with his own ideas on how to handle the probs. First we kicking their ass, a few years later we're kissing their ass. The enemy knows this and uses it against us. Israel would not survive without us so American Public Opinion has a severe impact on her actions.

Jay has it right, we just too "high minded" to carry it through. I read a book about 10 yrs ago that said everything Jay said. Kill them on the spot. Just like that ARVN general smoking that VC on the film clip you see on the tube on occasion.

Another prob I see is our soldiers. Young men are the natural ones to send but I don't think they are mentally ready to handle smoking large numbers of "civilians" without coming home mental cases. Once you get my age you start to know the score and killing the bastards would be NO prob. Body is not up to it however
    :mad:

And to think that Sharon was on the west bank of the Suez canal in 73 and Israel pulled back.

For the last 15 yrs or so I've felt that the IRA was just a bunch of people that love to kill. Intelligent people should know that there are better ways to bring about change. Out breed your opponents:beer:

We're in deep shit in Iraq. We need to divide it up into three new nations along the obvious religious lines and get the hell out. Other than that, killing a lot of Iraqis is the only hope. Kill anyone with a gun or anyone showing joy when an American or an Iraqi cooperating with the USA is harmed.

Is there no patroling at night ? Should be easy to catch the bastards planting the roadside bombs. Completely demolish all buildings within 100yds of any major road.

RB